• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Woman starts NH War Tax Resister group

Started by Dave Ridley, October 24, 2008, 05:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

from my email inboxx....
----

Subject:
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:15:15 +0000

I would like to bring together war tax resisters in New Hampshire to start a support group.  I envision beginning with the basics such as reaching out to people who may be interested in war tax resistance and providing a support system for those of us who are practicing war tax resistance.  If you are interested, please email me at ginnyschneider at hotmail point com.   Also, if there are other people you know who would be interested, please forward this email to them.

I have attached an announcement that will be going out to people on peace organization mailing lists and in peace publications.  Feel free to put it in any publications you may have.

Finally, I will be attending the New England WTR gathering the weekend of November 14th in Kennebunk. I welcome carpoolers.  I will leave NH first thing in the am on the 14th and go to Portland before arriving in Kennebunk but can drop anyone off in Kennebunk. I will get to the gathering in Kennebunk around 4pm. I might not drive back to NH though.

K. Darien Freeheart

Is she a Free Stater or a native activist, or is she someone new?

Russell Kanning

I would guess she has absolutely no connection to the FSP.
I will send her and email ... thanks for the post.

Bald Eagle

Supporting each other in stopping payment of blood money sure can't be a bad idea.

Ivy has a CD by VNV Nation, they have a song entitled "Testament."

"...We bring destruction. we bring war without an end
and then we hope that tomorow never comes

And if you think were the future. that we build tomorow
When was the last day without a war?
We speak of greatness we have never been

It's just you and me now
It's just you and me now
against the world "

We play that CD a lot for our customers.  :)

I couldn't help but allow myself a wry smile when I saw a car go by the other day with a bumper sticker that read:
I'm already against the NEXT war

War is the health of the State.  I think it's time it suffered a little atrophy and anemia.

I've met Ginny, we run in some of the same circles. I'm just glad that she has started a tax refusal group here in New Hampshire. I don't really care for what reason anyone refuses to pay taxes - taxes are optional for the very rich and as long as that is the case, there is no reason for anyone else thinking that they are mandatory. Of course for me government is optional as well, but that's another story. I will say that you won't get much sympathy from the rest of the war tax resister crowd unless you base your tax refusal on war resistance. However, any information they have will certainly be well thought out. Tax resistance in the US is about as old as the country, dating certainly back to Thoreau and before that to the Boston Tea Party.