• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

People of Lakota Launch Private Bank for Only Silver and Gold Currencies

Started by Brandon, November 24, 2008, 10:43 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

QuoteHill City, Lakota - November 24, 2008 - In a stunning development, the Free & Independent People of Lakota announced today the introduction of the world's first non-reserve, non-fractional bank that accepts only silver and gold currencies for deposit.

"Today is a great day for us, a day that we begin to exercise our rights as a sovereign people with strength and pride," comments Canupa Gluha Mani, Tetuwan Council Judicial Member of the Cante Tenza "Strong Heart" Warrior Society.  Mani's 2500 member warrior society has contracted to provide private security services for the Free Lakota Bank.

"We invite people of any creed, faith or heritage to unite in an effort to reclaim control of wealth.  It is our hope that other tribal nations and American citizens recognize the importance of silver and gold as currency and decide to mirror our system of honest trade."  Mani, also known as Duane Martin Sr, is a member of the delegation that declared Lakota independence on December 17th, 2007.

The launch of the Free Lakota Bank is also an incredible victory for StrikeForce Technologies, the access control experts providing depositor Out-of-Band Authentication.  As the Free Lakota Bank does not require a name, photo identification or social security number to transact, StrikeForce's technology met the challenge of limiting fraud without requiring controversial biometric technology.

The People of Lakota invite depositors to establish accounts and invest in the Free Lakota Bank's General Investment Fund, the fund it uses to develop profitable free-market enterprise inside Lakota territory.  Mani comments that the nation despises donations and charity, and instead insists instead on "earning our wealth by creating value for those that place their faith and trust in our system."

The Free Lakota Bank issues an American Open Currency Standard Approved currency, making it readily accepted for trade by over 10,000 merchants and businesses across the continent.

http://press.freelakotabank.com/

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

we are the first to learn of this, the news is just hours old

prelim video up at ridleyreport.com

margomaps

Josh

John Edward Mercier

I would need to do a little reading, but I believe anyone can open this type of banking model.
It doesn't rely on heavy capitalization (as its not fractional reserve, nor a lending institution).

les nessman

Tread carefully.  The IP address of the server is registered in Canada, making any non encrypted communications
subject to NSA interception.  If your private account info falls into the hands of the same people who now
have a threat to their monopoly, guess what happens?

That being said I wish them luck.  I might buy some silver from them, just because.   :)

Bill St. Clair

doobie

Quote from: Bill St. Clair on November 24, 2008, 02:05 PM NHFT
Mighty expensive silver, unless you can afford to buy a lot of it. But a neat idea.

http://www.freelakotabank.com/currencypromotion.php

People buy the liberty dollar....it's 2-3 X spot.  And I think this is cheaper than the liberty dollar....

Brandon

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 24, 2008, 11:54 AM NHFT

we are the first to learn of this, the news is just hours old

I received the email about this at about 11:50, and posted it thinking there might be some interested people.

margomaps

Quote from: doobie on November 24, 2008, 03:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: Bill St. Clair on November 24, 2008, 02:05 PM NHFT
Mighty expensive silver, unless you can afford to buy a lot of it. But a neat idea.

http://www.freelakotabank.com/currencypromotion.php

People buy the liberty dollar....it's 2-3 X spot.  And I think this is cheaper than the liberty dollar....

These Lakota ounces are 3-4 X spot for orders up to 20.

Bill St. Clair

They're not quite done with their web site, but working on it. I registered yesterday, including typing my PIN into my phone when they called me for my "out-of-band" secondary password. They even support an emergency PIN that will make the transaction appear to have gone through, but shut down your account instead. When I went to log in, though, that function wasn't implemented on the web site. Fixed this morning, but all that's behind the login is a page saying they're still working on the rest of the functionality.

Got this email from their mailing list:

QuoteDate: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:26:06 -0500
Subject: Free Lakota Bank...just getting started:

Hoka Hey!

There's only one word to describe what happened today: unbelievable.

I've known deep in my heart that this land is in desperate need of an accountable trade system.  I know that the latest financial fraud sponsored by the Federal Reserve will open a lot of eyes to the crisis.  But never in a million years did I expect the deluge of support, warm wishes, enrollments and deposits that flooded our systems today.  Wow.  In fact, there was so much activity that Google disabled our transaction processing, bringing an abrupt but important end to our Initial Currency Offering.

Our office received thousands of emails, voice messages and phone calls over the past 18 hours.  We will take the time to personally respond to every request and note in detail.  Some of the responses will be sent to the entire group, as these details are important to share with everyone.  For example, many people would like to know:

- Why would I specifically want to bank with Lakota?
- What is the AOCS?
- If the bank is located in the middle of nowhere, how can I easily deposit and withdraw?
- Where is Lakota?
- What is the status of Lakota's international recognition?
- How can I join the Lakota people and live free (no property, income or sales tax...)?
- and much, much more!

Each of these important topics will be addressed individually over the next few days to give you full insight to our system and way of life.

In the meantime, a great number of you would like to know how you can access our silver currency at a discount for delivery or deposit.  I will send an email later today regarding the "Silver Buyer's Club", a service that aggregates smaller purchases to obtain volume discount rates.  It's by far the best way to access AOCS Currency and/or deposit in the bank.

Thank you again for you thoughts and prayers.  Many of you have expressed hope that our project does not lose momentum.  Well, without saying too much, I will tell you that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Toksa!

Canupa Gluha Mani
Free Lakota Bank

This message was sent by: Free Lakota Bank, Box 512, Hill City, SD 57745