• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack man shot accidentally on Route 114

Started by Hubbard, November 28, 2008, 05:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubbard

Yet another story for people to rally around and say "Guns are bad!"... Stupid people should be sterilized.

Merrimack man shot accidentally on Route 114
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Merrimack+man+shot+accidentally+on+Route+114&articleId=dd60d306-5e8b-48a1-ba6d-491c371a3574

Weare – A Merrimack man was shot in the back yesterday morning as he and his brothers were returning from a morning of hunting in New Boston, police said.

Weare police Sgt. Robert Peterson said Justin Dean, 20, of 6 Jade Road, Merrimack, was a passenger in the front seat of a vehicle being driven by one of his brothers. Peterson said a third brother, Josiah, 18, also of the Jade Road address, was in the back seat, unloading a revolver when gun discharged, sending a bullet into Justin's back.

Peterson said police responded to the call at the intersection of South Stark Highway and Short Street just after 10:30 a.m. He said Weare police were assisted at the scene by New Hampshire State Police and Weare Fire and Rescue personnel, who transported Justin Dean to the Elliot Hospital in Manchester. An Elliot Hospital spokesman said Dean had been transferred, but could not say where due to privacy concerns.

Peterson said the investigation into the incident is continuing. He said the trio had hunting gear with them and said it is not unusual for hunters to have a revolver with them to use on an animal that is down, but not dead.

Puke

Not news. Someone had an accident, it happens!
They don't report on every car crash.
Bah! I hate the "news".

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: Hubbard on November 28, 2008, 05:03 PM NHFT
Yet another story for people to rally around and say "Guns are bad!"...

To which we might respond:

Accidental discharge = one or two deaths at the most. Madman attacking unarmed crowd (Mumbai, Virginia Tech, Columbine...) = unlimited potential for death and mayhem.

By the way, earlier this year I got in a debate with a farm host on this issue. He said, "But what if there were no guns at all?"

I retorted with the usual argument about how you can't possibly get rid of all guns, etc.

Later I had an esprit d'escalier. What if, indeed, we could get rid of all firearms? What was the world like before the invention of gunpowder? Were people freer? Was there less violence? Fewer wars? Fewer robberies, rape, murder? Was there less tyranny and slavery than we have today? Hmmm. Reading the Bible, and reviewing basic history, I've found otherwise. Think about that next time you come up against a gun control nut.

By the way, the farmer in question later bought a 22 rifle to shoot the fox that was raiding his chicken coop.

Hubbard

Problem is like you said, not every car accident is reported. But it's almost as though an idiotic discharge into the ground could make the lead story. As thought the Mass Machine Gun SHoot didn't generate enough bad publicity.

doobie

Quote from: Hubbard on November 29, 2008, 11:13 AM NHFT
Problem is like you said, not every car accident is reported. But it's almost as though an idiotic discharge into the ground could make the lead story. As thought the Mass Machine Gun SHoot didn't generate enough bad publicity.

Well, duh the media has to be biased, this will help Obama and Anti-Constitution people rip it to shreds.

J’raxis 270145

Accident? No, negligence—idiot should've known better than to unload a revolver in the back seat of a car with someone in the front seat.

Giggan

Quote from: Hubbard on November 29, 2008, 11:13 AM NHFT

Yeah, and notice how the media called it a 'gun show'? Clearly trying to fear monger against seller's markets, which is what gun shows are, as opposed to gun shoots, which is what the event was that they were reporting on.

KBCraig

Two thoughts:

1. The only reason to unload the revolver, was because it's illegal to have a loaded revolver in the car without a NH Revolver & Pistol License.

2. How in the heck do you fire a revolver while unloading it, unless it's a single action?

Edit: I see Tim beat me to my points, now that I've read the comments. ;)