• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hot Dog Stand/s

Started by pcwallis, August 23, 2005, 09:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

pcwallis

Is anyone interested in starting a Hot Dog Stand/s business.  I see this as a seasonal and mobile business with location timed servings.  You could start sometime in May and end sometime in late August.  Equipment could be for one or two or three locations, with three to  six part timers.  The stand/s would have to be mobile, so you can haul it to  the different sites.  Locations would have to be where there is high traffic and somewhat like a  park setting to serve and eat.  Other locations could be where people gather for a fair, art show so-forth.

Please post with your ideas and interest.

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

Kat Kanning

There's one or two in Keene already.  The guy that's outside city hall is nice.  I sold him a liberty dollar one day.

AlanM

There is a very busy public dock in Meredith that would be great for one.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on August 23, 2005, 09:22 AM NHFT
There's one or two in Keene already.? The guy that's outside city hall is nice.? I sold him a liberty dollar one day.

I had a nice conservation with him on Tax protest Day.  He came up from the deep south about 15 years ago.

pcwallis

Has anyone checked out the hot dog stand for sale in Peterborough for $17,000.00.  Your monthly payment on a five year loan at 10% would be $ 361.19.  I wonder what the food and drinks would cost.  I wonder if you could make $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 a month.  [During the warmer months - say May thru Mid Oct.]   Could two or three of these make any sense ?

Russell Kanning

That seems like a lot for a stand. Is it a building?

pcwallis

I do not know - that's why I am asking.

I do feel that if a young person would want to start I could help them.  I have been in the food business and just feel it would make sense to own and operate a business like this.  This would be for a person who enjoys being with people and feeding them.  They do make money !  What easier way to get set up in NH then this.

Russell Kanning

Maybe someone will bite on this idea after a while.

I am interested in almost anything local - Keene - ...... so for things like the coffeeshop idea ..... I am a spectator. :D

Russell Kanning

Too bad it is just a little far to help you ...... although now that I think about it ...... if you had that trailer going I could come over and help you take care of customers.
I know nothing about the restaurant business ..... but I like people.

Russell Kanning

I can't borrow any money from the bank .... but I could be involved with a crazy idea.