• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

You wouldn't buy our shitty cars...

Started by William, December 24, 2008, 10:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

William

You probably thought it was smart to buy a foreign import of superior quality, with better mileage and resale value. Maybe you even thought that years of market share loss might prod us into rethinking our process and redesigning our products with better quality in mind. But you forgot one thing: We spend a shitload of money on lobbyists. So now you're out $25 billion, plus the cost of your Subaru. Maybe next time you'll buy American like a real man. Either way, we're cool.

EthanLeeVita

haha, I came across this awhile ago and saved it to my screensaver folder. :)

ByronB

Ha ha Funny stuff, although I must say that whether or not foreign cars are generally better or not is still quite a debate and not a matter of fact...

Russell Kanning

the market has spoken ... and so have the feds
I try not to pay fed taxes, so I won't have to buy amurican

Puke

Quote from: ByronB on December 25, 2008, 01:35 AM NHFT
Ha ha Funny stuff, although I must say that whether or not foreign cars are generally better or not is still quite a debate and not a matter of fact...

Depends on the model, like anything.

Friday

JC Penney, Saks Fifth Avenue and PetSmart are now begging President-elect Obama to make three months next year sales-tax free, to encourage people to shop more.  Of course, sales tax doesn't go to the Feds, it goes to the states.  So what they're actually asking is for the Feds to cover the states' sales tax for three months, with money from....? 

Please, Mr. President, we must keep the doors of these fine establishments open so America will still be the home of the $700 shearling jacket and cute little Santa hats for dogs and cats.   ::)

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/business/2008/12/27/chernoff.holiday.sales.cnn