• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

More Rights Lost

Started by Lloyd Danforth, December 31, 2008, 07:58 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

When I was in my teens there were no laws concerning fishing with Rod and Reel anywhere along the New England coast. You could take any quantity of any kind of fish in any size.

Associated Press - December 31, 2008 5:45 AM ET

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - New Hampshire's saltwater anglers have another year before they must register with a national registry.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Fisheries Service releases its final rule Wednesday on creating the national registry. Initially, the service proposed making saltwater anglers register starting this January but decided after hearing from the public to delay the requirement a year.

No federal fee will be charged in 2010, but an estimated fee of $15 to $25 will be charged in 2011.

New Hampshire lawmakers are considering establishing a state recreational saltwater license. If saltwater anglers aren't licensed or registered through a state system, they will be required to register with the federal fisheries services.

AntonLee

good thing I can go to the supermarket and get food, and that I don't have to hunt or fish anymore.  I wonder what people would do if there were no supermarket.

I'm done being sarcastic.

John Edward Mercier

They at least stock the freshwater lakes with rainbow... what is NH F&G going to provide to the saltwater anglers?

Free libertarian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 31, 2008, 07:58 AM NHFT
When I was in my teens there were no laws concerning fishing with Rod and Reel anywhere along the New England coast. You could take any quantity of any kind of fish in any size.

Associated Press - December 31, 2008 5:45 AM ET

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - New Hampshire's saltwater anglers have another year before they must register with a national registry.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Fisheries Service releases its final rule Wednesday on creating the national registry. Initially, the service proposed making saltwater anglers register starting this January but decided after hearing from the public to delay the requirement a year.

No federal fee will be charged in 2010, but an estimated fee of $15 to $25 will be charged in 2011.

New Hampshire lawmakers are considering establishing a state recreational saltwater license. If saltwater anglers aren't licensed or registered through a state system, they will be required to register with the federal fisheries services.

Say a guy hooks a really big fish in "fresh water" this guy is in a canoe and the fish hauls him and canoe all the way down the river thru the tidal water and out to the salt water...Do they arrest the fisherman for no salt water license or do they arrest the fish for kidnapping?  Some fish are just cold blooded I tell ya!

41mag

:laughing4:

So if I were going fishing on the Piscataqua River would I need a freshwater license or a saltwater or both?  Does that have to be issued by NH or Maine?  I guess you would have to get all four just to be safe from the thugs.

doobie

It is so they can keep tabs on who has the special flavoriods added to grocery store food and who doesn't.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: 41mag on January 01, 2009, 09:44 AM NHFT
:laughing4:

So if I were going fishing on the Piscataqua River would I need a freshwater license or a saltwater or both?  Does that have to be issued by NH or Maine?  I guess you would have to get all four just to be safe from the thugs.

Better get the 'Brackish Water' license just in case!

Pat K

This is a big topic on a fishing board, this was my post about it.

So the Federal government is going to Tag all fisherman.
For the purpose of managing the fish in the ocean.
The hubris of this would be laughable if it were not so
infuriating and sad.

What this is is just anther expansion of the mafia into new
territory.
Not that they were not already there.
But now that folks think it's normal for them to be around
they go for the whole pie.

There is gonna be species management alright.
If you want to know what kind, look in the mirror.

The fee's are coming,the harassment is coming,
but it's for your own good, rejoice!!

If we are lucky they will just put the money into general funds and waste it .

If we are not, one the the more senior and powerful Dons
will use them to carve out a fiefdom.
Which he will staff will loyal captains and crew.
They will send out swarms of their soldiers to control you.

I can just see the row of surfmen ( appropriate name eh)
with big tags on their backs, so as not to waste the Dons
troops time asking for them. Of course they will check other
things. Hook color maybe? Who knows, but something to generate more
tribute.

Ah Lads to future sure looks bright for some and
remember its for your own good.

John Edward Mercier

That does poise a serious question, who the heck is going to have all the extra time to enforce this?