• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo Report

Started by TackleTheWorld, August 26, 2005, 07:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Hi, Lauren here, new resident of the embattled Ft. Trumbull neighborhood of New London, Connecticut. 

Status of utilities:
electricity     On
gas             On
water           On
phone           reported to be on, I'm not connected yet.
cable           reported to be on, I'm not connected yet.

This week I've learned that many normally alarming things are not alarming here.  Caravans of bulldozers and dump trucks rumbling down the street:  normal, theres a construction yard on the west side of Smith St.  Bullhorns barking scary commands throughout the neighborhood: normal, the nearby coast guard station tests their marine public address systems every morning.  Constant alarm bell righing: normal, the train bridge rings when it is turning to let boats through.  Bad smells: normal, the water treatment plant across the street does become sulfurous at times.
If the city tries to signal their destructive intentions with giant machines, loud speakers or tear gas, we are just going to yawn and think it's a normal day.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: KBCraig on February 21, 2006, 10:30 AM NHFT
In this article about an interstate highway in Arkansas, I made the following comment:

People don't cheer so loudly for big highway projects when their homes get bulldozed to make room.

I liked into the 1-69 route and it does not seem to be needed.  I think the government is just doing it for fun.

TackleTheWorld

Got a better pic today:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Barterer

NLDC: good at breaking eggs, bad at making omelettes.

Good to know we're "surviving economically." Try not to kill us.

TheLibertyZombie

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on February 24, 2006, 07:00 PM NHFT
The evil quasi-government agency, NLDC is having a party here in the Fort Trumbull neighborhood on Monday 27 Feb.

BRUUUUUUUH!!!!!!!!!

TackleTheWorld

Sorry Liberty Zombie, no brains at that shindig.

TackleTheWorld

By golly, look at the billboard that appeared in front of the demolishable building this morning:

Pat K

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

Santa Claus left it as a gift, eh?  ;D

Kat Kanning

TackleTheWorld

In "The Day" tomorrow.

? Lauren Canario, of New London, wears a replica of Susette Kelo's house as she walks along East Street in New London Monday as construction workers begin dismantling part of a building in the Fort Trumbull neighborhood and prepare to convert it to office space. Kelo's home and other residential properties were not affected by Monday's work. They had lost an eminent domain fight in U.S. Supreme Court last year. Workers were tearing down a wing of the former Naval Undersea Warfare Center, marking the transfer of the property from the New London Development Corp. to the developer, Corcoran Jennison.

KBCraig

LMAO -- that's great, Lauren!

;D

ravelkinbow

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on February 28, 2006, 06:47 PM NHFT
In "The Day" tomorrow.

? Lauren Canario, of New London, wears a replica of Susette Kelo's house as she walks along East Street in New London Monday as construction workers begin dismantling part of a building in the Fort Trumbull neighborhood and prepare to convert it to office space.

Very cool Lauren ;D