• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The Claire Files

Started by AlanM, August 28, 2005, 11:26 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

I haven't been able to get on Claire Wolfe's forum for several days. Anyone else having trouble?

Kat Kanning

I got to it:

QuoteSaturday, August 27, 2005

THERE IS NEWS, very, very tentative news that the TCF forums will be back up on Monday with an entirely new look. No promises, but definite progress. I now have hope that the "missing code" was in the application software and not affecting the data. Again, no promise. But that's what it sounds like. Bark has been giving this his all, and has been solving many problems beside the fundamental one of getting back online.

We do expect to have to pass the hat for additional server space, domain names, and all the accoutrements. But it looks as if Bark has the expertise we need without having to hire a consultant -- whew! I imagine this means we'll do a nightly backup of TCF onto a different server rather than real-time mirroring. But that'll still be a great failsafe.

AlanM

Quote from: katdillon on August 28, 2005, 11:33 AM NHFT
I got to it:

QuoteSaturday, August 27, 2005

THERE IS NEWS, very, very tentative news that the TCF forums will be back up on Monday with an entirely new look. No promises, but definite progress. I now have hope that the "missing code" was in the application software and not affecting the data. Again, no promise. But that's what it sounds like. Bark has been giving this his all, and has been solving many problems beside the fundamental one of getting back online.

We do expect to have to pass the hat for additional server space, domain names, and all the accoutrements. But it looks as if Bark has the expertise we need without having to hire a consultant -- whew! I imagine this means we'll do a nightly backup of TCF onto a different server rather than real-time mirroring. But that'll still be a great failsafe.

Thanks Kat! Need my occasional dose of the Claire files gang!  ;)