• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

DHS

Started by Friday, January 18, 2009, 12:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

I was just reading something that referenced that it's now harder for people coming to the U.S. to visit from the countries where we used to have a reciprocal agreement so that a visa isn't necessary.  I wanted to check out the policy for myself, so I clicked a link to a DHS webpage... and was presented with the longest popup disclaimer I have ever seen.  You know, the kind of thing you sometimes get that says "You certify you are at least 18 years old; click OK."  This was the disclaimer:

QuoteYou are about to access a Department of Homeland Security computer system. This computer system and data therein are property of the U.S. Government and provided for official U.S. Government information and use.  There is no expectation of privacy when you use this computer system.  The use of a password or any other security measure does not establish an expectation of privacy.  By using this system, you consent to the terms set forth in this notice. You may not process classified national security information on this computer system.  Access to this system is restricted to authorized users only.  Unauthorized access, use, or modification of this system or of data contained herein, or in transit to/from this system, may constitute a violation of section 1030 of title 18 of the U.S. Code and other criminal laws.  Anyone who accesses a Federal computer system without authorization or exceeds access authority, or obtains, alters, damages, destroys, or discloses information, or prevents authorized use of information on the computer system, may be subject to penalties, fines or imprisonment. This computer system and any related equipment is subject to monitoring for administrative oversight, law enforcement, criminal investigative purposes, inquiries into alleged wrongdoing or misuse, and to ensure proper performance of applicable security features and procedures.  DHS may conduct monitoring activities without further notice.

My country is seriously creeping me out.   :(

Friday

Oh, and once you click OK on the disclaimer, you're taken to a page where the first word, in large font, says "Welcome".   ::)

David

Friday

This is the list of countries from which the U.S. formerly allowed fairly unrestricted short-term travel for business or pleasure, but now requires advance application for approval of admittance. Apparently the U.S. no longer plays well with ANYONE (Canada and Mexico don't count, since we're going to "unify" them.)   :occasion17:

Andorra
France
Luxembourg
Singapore
Czech Republic
Austria
Germany
Monaco
Slovenia
Estonia
Australia
Iceland
Netherlands
Spain
Hungary
Belgium
Ireland
New Zealand
Sweden
Latvia
Brunei
Italy
Norway
Switzerland
Lithuania
Denmark
Japan
Portugal
United Kingdom
Slovakia
Finland
Liechtenstein
San Marino
Republic of Malta
South Korea

John Edward Mercier

Doesn't seem to be any countries in the western hemisphere.
Guess the British will need to sneak into through Canada ;D

Kat Kanning

Puke

No one wanted those dirty foreigners or their silly money anyway.  ::)