• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Now Subway is dropping Phelps over the bong photo too!

Started by thinkliberty, February 06, 2009, 05:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkliberty

I am going to boycott Subway now too. I liked that I could get spinach and cucumbers on my sandwich there. :(

http://buzznewsroom.com/sports/subway-de-links-michael-phelps/

Subway has a web comment form at the following link:

http://www.subway.com/Applications/CustService/frmCustomerService.aspx

I've checked the source code on the http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/ website and Phelps has been commented out so his page does not appear anymore. The news story is legit.

dalebert

I used that form:

If you dropped your sponsorship of Michael Phelps over what he does in his private life, then I am horribly disappointed. It's nobody's business but his own.

However, if you're dropping him because he was too cowardly to stand up for his own rights and for freedom in general in a supposedly free country, and instead apologized when he had nothing to apologize for, then I commend you on your decision. I wouldn't want a coward as a spokesman either.

toowm

A while ago, Subway sponsored a kid's contest that specifically excluded homeschoolers, because the grand prize was some sort of school item. Well worth continuing the boycott.

KBCraig

Seems like a poor business decision. Don't they realize how many footlongs are sold to people with a good buzz going?

Quote from: toowm on February 06, 2009, 09:06 PM NHFT
A while ago, Subway sponsored a kid's contest that specifically excluded homeschoolers, because the grand prize was some sort of school item. Well worth continuing the boycott.

Thanks for reminding me that I was already boycotting them.

AntonLee

you're absolutely right. . . I love subway, or loveD. . . goodbye 5, 5 dollar, 5 dollar foot looooong

Jacobus

Quote from: toowm on February 06, 2009, 09:06 PM NHFT

Yeah, I was already boycotting Subway.  How do you double-boycott a company?  Maybe I need to eat at Quiznos twice as often?

dalebert

How do you double boycott? Hmm... We just need to get creative. Anyone wanna hand out some fliers in front of their local Subways and YouTube it?

SpeedPhreak

devils advocate -

Subway is a private enterprize that can choose to do business as they please.

thinkliberty

Quote from: SpeedPhreak on February 07, 2009, 11:29 AM NHFT
devils advocate -

No one says they are not a private enterprise, they can do as they please, but if they do things we don't like we will find another place to do business.

If [insert company name here] wants to give free products to child molesters or wants to other stupid things like support the "war" on marijuana I do not have to do business with them.

Fluff and Stuff

Subway wrote back,

QuoteThank you for contacting SUBWAY® Restaurants. Your feedback is important
to the SUBWAY® brand and your recent inquiry has been forwarded to the
appropriate areas for further review.

Sincerely,
The Customer Care Team
SUBWAY® Restaurants
325 Bic Drive
Milford, CT 06461 USA
http://www.subway.com
Ph:1.800.888.4848

SpeedPhreak

Quote from: thinkliberty on February 07, 2009, 11:45 AM NHFT
devils advocate -

No one says they are not a private enterprise, they can do as they please, but if they do things we don't like we will find another place to do business.

If [insert company name here] wants to give free products to child molesters or wants to other stupid things like support the "war" on marijuana I do not have to do business with them.

I agree 100% (note the "devils advocate portion.)

It just seems that, from time to time, threads such as these (this & the kellogs thread) move in a direction - one that can forget that they (the companies) have their own rights even if their decisions don't agree w/the the core values most of us posess.  In order to hold them to a standard "we" need to make sure we don't forget ours.

Jennifer

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on February 07, 2009, 12:42 PM NHFT
Subway wrote back,

QuoteThank you for contacting SUBWAY® Restaurants. Your feedback is important
to the SUBWAY® brand and your recent inquiry has been forwarded to the
appropriate areas for further review.

Sincerely,
The Customer Care Team
SUBWAY® Restaurants
325 Bic Drive
Milford, CT 06461 USA
http://www.subway.com
Ph:1.800.888.4848

That sounds like an auto reply. ::)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: SpeedPhreak on February 07, 2009, 12:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: thinkliberty on February 07, 2009, 11:45 AM NHFT
devils advocate -

I agree 100% (note the "devils advocate portion.)

It just seems that, from time to time, threads such as these (this & the kellogs thread) move in a direction - one that can forget that they (the companies) have their own rights even if their decisions don't agree w/the the core values most of us posess.  In order to hold them to a standard "we" need to make sure we don't forget ours.
Everybody here knows that!  All of this discussion starts from that position.  Its you company and you've got a right to do A or B, but, I'm under no obligation to buy from you if I disagree with what you do.
None of these post have been prefaced with 'There ought be a law!"

firecracker joe

i cannot believe how small minded so many americans are. Phelps wins 14 gold medals for this country and hes a hero  then a picture of him smacking one bong  cancels all the good things he has done i wonder if his contracts would be canceled if he was using a beer bong?
I think he and the skier from franconia( the drunk skier) and all the steroid guys need to ban together and promote ending the drug war. maybe even darylo strawberry.  I am so sick and tired of these  holier than thow people until they get caught.
Elliot spitzer could have legalized prostitution and avoided his situation

The powers that be in this country need a reality check  and stop throwing people in prison for victimless crimes.

I am boycotting kelloggs and subway and anyone else who has a problem with phelps smacking a bong on his own time  in my opinion he was just showing off his lung capacity. which speaks for itself..  I'll smack a bong or two in his honor i hoope my sponsors dont have a problem with that or my po.  firecracker Joe

Lloyd Danforth

With his lung capacity all bongs must be 'one hitters'