• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

SIGN PAINTING PARTY -- Saturday, February 28

Started by Sam A. Robrin, February 23, 2009, 11:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam A. Robrin

Every Free State event I attend, I find myself unfavorably impressed by the signs.  Most can't be read from more than a few feet away, and those that can tend to be haphazardly crafted, giving the impression that "They just didn't care."
     Well, we do care--so why not make it obvious?  To that end, I'm hosting a SIGN PAINTING PARTY this Saturday, February 28, starting at 10 A.M.  I'll try to have enough poster board, slats, paints and brushes, staples, and whatnot (though please feel free to bring whatever else you think will be useful)--not to mention food (and ditto about that).
     Most important of all, bring ideas for clever, attention-grabbing slogans.  We'll need some for March 3's courtroom cattywamp, others for the next day's capitol demonstration, and I'd also like to see some all-purpose signs made for any occasion that may arise in the future, just to have on hand for quick and easy access.
     So let me know through a reply to this message if you'll be there, and come paint till we faint!

Coconut

While art is not my thing, and I won't be there, this is a great idea. and much needed.

PaulOtt

Kat Kanning

Mike Barskey

This sounds fun and productive. Since SAR is hosting, I'm presuming it's at his house. Is that right? At the moment I'm planning to be there, but if I also plan to attend Social Sunday on Feb 29, I won't want to drive to/from Keene twice in 2 days.

I know, you're all so very interested in my sob story. Bah humbug.

Coconut

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Coconut on February 23, 2009, 04:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: Mike Barskey on February 23, 2009, 03:29 PM NHFT
I also plan to attend Social Sunday on Feb 29

LoL

You've heard of rollover minutes on cell phones, right? Well, I'm using rollover dates. When you run out of February, it becomes March. So February 29 = March 1.

Also, I'm an idiot. :)

Sam A. Robrin

This sounds fun and productive. Since SAR is hosting, I'm presuming it's at his house. Is that right? At the moment I'm planning to be there, but if I also plan to attend Social Sunday on Feb 29, I won't want to drive to/from Keene twice in 2 days.

My house, and if you can tolerate my meager, new-mover accommodations, you can spend the night! 

Puke

Mike uses his own calender. Much like I have my own watch that states 12:60.

Fuck you reality!

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Puke on February 24, 2009, 05:20 AM NHFT

Fuck you reality!

Hope we'll see you there on the 47th of Steve . . .

cynthia

Um, Sam, I tried reading between the lines and still could not find your address in there....

I have art skills, and this would be a perfect opportunity to make signs for the HRC6 rally.

Jennifer

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on February 23, 2009, 05:59 PM NHFT

My house, and if you can tolerate my meager, new-mover accommodations, you can spend the night! 

Is this in Keene?

KBCraig

Quote from: Puke on February 24, 2009, 05:20 AM NHFT

I figured you for more of a 16:20 kind of guy.

Kat Kanning

Federal prison guards aren't supposed to make drug jokes.  :P