• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

15th Annual SolarFest 2009

Started by Scott Roth, March 12, 2009, 05:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Roth

July 10 thru 12
Forget-Me-Not Farm
Tinmouth, Vermont
www.solarfest.org

6 Workshop Tents with over 70 free workshops designed to help you live
more sustainably, plus three days of music, theater and dance performances
powered by 100% renewable energy.  Over 100 Vendors and Exhibitors.  Children's
Activities and On-site camping available.

Free libertarian

I always look forward to Solarfest.   :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

jaqeboy

Yeah! Solarfest ROCKS! Wanna do another Porcupine camping village up in the ferny woods? Could do a little FSP recruiting.

jaqeboy

OK, we have several going to SolarFest - we could do a Porc village again. It's hard to describe where to meet though, because we just have to head into the woods and find a spot.

I'll be there at set-up Friday for 2 different booths: Flyby News and Green Living Journal. If you come in and want to find where we are, look for me at one of those booths first, then maybe I can take you up to the village we set up. Last year my VzW reception was nil til I got down to the road.

A guy I met at PorcFest does the Gobi Solar booth,too (I forgot his name).

jaqeboy

jaqeboy

Recumbent ReCycler

I should be there with my trike too.

jaqeboy

Laura Daubenspeck sent a message to the members of SolarFest: The New
England Renewable Energy Festival.

Subject: SolarFest is Tomorrow!

"SolarFest starts tomorrow at noon!  The weather looks really good on
Friday and Sunday and a little spotty but still fairly good on Saturday.
SolarFest happens rain or shine.  Virtually all of the workshops are in
tents, the vendors are under tents and the Main and Family Stages are both
covered.  Come prepaired for sun and rain and ready to have a great time!"

jaqeboy

I'll be setting up at SolarFest at 10AM-11AM. If anyone wants to join the porcupine village in the camping woods, look for me at outside booth #178, FlyBy News. If I'm not there, ask Jonathan or leave a note and we'll try to hook up, so you can park your tent nearby. I might also be at the Green Living Journal booth inside the covered vendor area (or off at a workshop).

Hope to see a few more Porcs there. BTW, it might be a good place to promote the FSP. I'm sure we could find room at the FlyBy News table. ALL will be displaying some lit there, as well.

jaqeboy

There was a large Porcupine/freedom/truth contingent at SolarFest, including:
Tim, Jack, Mark, Jonathan, Jerry, Lloyd, Bob, Rik, Rob, Jesse, Neil, Emily, Joe, and... am I forgetting anyone. We'll make the village more cohesive next year and maybe even have a table and our own workshop time! We were next door to the Second Vermont Republic booth and had some great conversations with their crew.

It was a hoot and the bonfire Saturday night was great! The thunderstorms gave awesome lightshows and exciting booming crashes. Staying dry was a relative thing...

jaqeboy

see new thread for this year's event! I'm offering transportation and lodging for folks that want to go along.

Anyone have any FSP lit we can distribute?

Free libertarian

I was hoping to distribute FIJA flyers, but there's a possibility I may not be able to go this year.  Sure would be cool if somebody could bring some along though....eh? 

jaqeboy

I can probly display them if Jonathan is operating a booth like last year. I'm picking up a tourie at Agorist Acres Friday AM, so if we can cross paths, I can bring them up.