• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keyboard prank

Started by 280, March 30, 2009, 09:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

I just rigged my roommate's keyboard using the "hotkey" feature to play about 10 different obnoxious videos whenever he presses certain keys.

Eg:

J button brings up a pic of David Hasselhoff

R and he gets "Rick Rolled"

X brings up a Pee Wee Herman video

Etc.

Has anyone else ever done anything similar.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Andrew on March 30, 2009, 09:23 PM NHFT
I just rigged my roommate's keyboard using the "hotkey" feature to play about 10 different obnoxious videos whenever he presses certain keys.

Eg:

J button brings up a pic of David Hasselhoff

R and he gets "Rick Rolled"

X brings up a Pee Wee Herman video

Etc.

Has anyone else ever done anything similar.

Ha,ha!  That's a good one.   I'm sure I've done a lot of things to screw with people's heads but nope, not a keyboard prank.  ;D

Unfortunately while I was doing this, I later found out he went to the ER and stayed at the hospital for a few days. By the time he got home I had forgotten about it. I felt kinda bad, but it was still pretty funny watching the Pee Wee video about crack popping up over and over again when he tried to sign into facebook.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Andrew on April 08, 2009, 05:26 AM NHFT
Unfortunately while I was doing this, I later found out he went to the ER and stayed at the hospital for a few days. By the time he got home I had forgotten about it. I felt kinda bad, but it was still pretty funny watching the Pee Wee video about crack popping up over and over again when he tried to sign into facebook.

That sucks but it's still funny. :)  I must have "dazed" out because all of this time I thought you meant a musical keyboard, but now I get it!  :D

Giggan

Good prank to do in comp labs...

Screen capture the desktop background.

Delete or hide all the icons.

Set the screen capture image as the desktop background.

See how long people click on the picture of the icons wondering why nothing is working.