• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Soap-Making Workshop

Started by Bald Eagle, March 31, 2009, 10:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Bald Eagle

I just recently talked to good friend and long-time owner of a soap-making company
http://www.cardiganmountain.com/
and he is willing to conduct a soap-making workshop here in Bristol at our restaurant.

I'd like to start getting an idea about how much interest there is in attending this, so that we can start hammering out details and eventually a date and time.

email me - bill at ivys spice of life (all one word) dot com.
phone number is on the website.

I'm thinking that we have plenty of room, plenty of food and drink to keep people happy during an all day workshop, and plenty of used fryer oil to make (albeit low-grade) soap with.  We can also see about putting in an order through the restaurant for lard, vegetable oil, etc. with a food distributor to take advantage of our price break.

I'm hoping that folks will be interested in purchasing some of Cardigan Mountain Soap Works' products as a thank-you for teaching the skills of his trade, and this event would also be a great place to pick up any sodium hydroxide (LYE) that people may want for making soap at home.

Recumbent ReCycler

Soap is what you get when you don't de-water oil prior to trying to make biodiesel.