• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Motorhome Diaries Crew Arrested

Started by Kat Kanning, May 14, 2009, 03:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

I just called "The Stupid" people [601-649-7502] holding Pete Erye for possessing a beer... they drink beer!  They told me that they drink beer and they are holding Pete for possessing beer.

I called them sick, stupid and ignorant!   >:(

slim

Maybe I am just infantile but I thought Dry counties and Dry towns just prohibited the sale of alcohol. I personally know a dry town in NY and you cannot buy a beer there but people who live there just go to the next town and buy alcohol and take it home.

Puke

Yeah, I wasn't aware dry county meant no alcohol allowed.
There was a dry county near my hometown and its just as Slim said.

Fucking dumb.

Tom Sawyer

Called the nice southern lady that answers that number...
Asked to speak to Jason Talley... she tried to acted like she didn't know who he is... finally she acknowledged he was an inmate and said that I couldn't talk to him.

I informed her that several thousand people were watching what was happening with this situation... her answer, typical 'law and order' attitude "... shows that Mississippi is doing our job."   ::)

e-mailed
Sheriff Alex Hodge
ahodge@co.jones.ms.us
QuoteAlex Hodge,
I am concerned about the arrest for videotaping police during their official duties. Several thousand people are following their treatment, hoping that this doesn't give your department a black-eye, being seen to abuse media this way.

Adam Mueller - Disorderly Conduct and Disobeying an Officer
Pete Eyre - Possession of a Beer in a Dry County
Jason Talley - Disorderly Conduct, Disobeying, and Resisting Arrest

Motorhome Diaries Crew Arrested

http://newhampshirefreepress.com/node/435

http://motorhomediaries.com/about/

Thank you for your attention to this matter,

Roger Grant

Producer/Director

K. Darien Freeheart

Meg is claiming that the MS people are holding Pete for transporting a gun across state lines. :(

KBCraig

Dry counties mean different things in different states, and sometimes in different counties within the same state.

In Arkansas, possession of more than one case of beer (i.e., one case + one can), or more than 1 case/4 gallons of wine, or more than 1 gallon of hard liquor, is "over possession". If you stock up for a weekend party and get caught, you get charged the same as if you're actually bootlegging. In some places (Kentucky, I think), mere possession of alcohol in a dry county is illegal. Might be the same in Mississippi.

I'd like to see the details on the gun charge, because there's no such crime as "transporting a gun across state lines".

Tom Sawyer

Reply from Sheriff Alex Hodge received from his blackberry account
jones1@csouth1.blackberry.com

QuoteRoger,

Thanks for the email. There is always two sides to every story. Thanks for the heads up.

Alex Hodge, Sheriff
Jones County
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

Dave Ridley

provisional alert posted to ridley report

Russell Kanning

2 sides to the story? .... you say they abused media ... he says they are just doing their job ... sounds like the same story

AntonLee

I'm actually shocked at that reply by that bureaucrat.

KBCraig

Radley Balko posted on Facebook:

QuoteRT @JDTalley: The #MHD crew has been released from Jones County jail. I was pepper sprayed and choked for refusing to give ID.

Tom Sawyer

Enjoying the hospitality of the friendly folks in Jones County Mississippi

Dave Ridley

Fluff and Stuff

There is now a video about this to spread on the Digg community.  Let's make Pete and Jason proud, http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_interviewers_arrested_in_Mississippi