• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

West Nile Virus

Started by Kat Kanning, September 16, 2005, 03:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Wow, they found two crows in our mobile home park with West Nile Virus.  We're thinking that that's what made us all so sick...even the cat!  :o

Pat K

Yikes, hope you are all feeling better.

KBCraig

Quote from: katdillon on September 16, 2005, 03:13 PM NHFT
Wow, they found two crows in our mobile home park with West Nile Virus.  We're thinking that that's what made us all so sick...even the cat!  :o

WNV is no fun. I did that little game last summer. Reading up on it, I found out that about 92% of those who are infected never develop any symptoms. About 4% will have mild flu-like symptoms. About 2% will have moderate to severe flu-like symptoms. And about 2% will die, but they're almost all elderly or immuno-compromised.

I had a stiff neck, very sore muscles all over (particularly upper back, neck, and shoulders), bad headache, fever and chills, and couldn't sleep. It lasted about 3 days,  but I was so drained I wound up taking a whole week off from work.

So yeah, if you had those kind of symptoms, it's very possible WNV caused it. Most cases go undiagnosed.

Kevin

Russell Kanning

Yea ..... sometimes we couldn't get warm enough ..... it was nasty .... and we normally aren't sick.