• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Refusing To Stand For Judge

Started by RevDebbie, June 06, 2009, 12:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RevDebbie

I came across this fascinating little article on the Embassy of Heaven website:

http://courts.embassyofheaven.com/christincourt.htm

Christ in the Courtroom

Ambassador: Paul
Mission Field: Minnesota

When I was in court yesterday, everyone stood up when the judge walked in, but I did not. When he asked if I had intolerance, I told him, "I am in a situation right now that because of my religious beliefs, I cannot rise when you enter the room or call you, 'your honor.' If I did, I would be going against the first of the Ten Commandments."

"What do you mean?" asked the judge.

"God says in the first commandment, 'I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any false gods before me.' I cannot call you, 'your honor.' If you profess to be a Christian and work for Jesus Christ, I can honor what you do. But I cannot call you, 'your honor.' That is putting you up at a level with Jesus Christ and that would make me a sinner."

The judge just about fell out of his chair. He said, "Let's get down to business here."

I said, "I just wanted to make it clear. As far as I am concerned, you do not eat, drink, sleep or get rid of your waste food any differently than I do. I do not put you any higher than myself."

thinkliberty

That person sounds like a Quaker, from what I have heard from recent discussions on FTL.

AntonLee

I agree.  I like that quaker thing more everytime I hear it.

doobie

David

Rev Debbie, are you a member of the Embassy of Heaven church?  Just curious. :)
I've linked to them several times in the past, I love their resistance to authority.  A buddy of mine had considered joining, but I am unsure if he actually did.     

RevDebbie

Quote from: David on June 06, 2009, 05:52 PM NHFT
Rev Debbie, are you a member of the Embassy of Heaven church?  Just curious. :)
I've linked to them several times in the past, I love their resistance to authority.  A buddy of mine had considered joining, but I am unsure if he actually did.     

I have a Kingdom of Heaven Passport and a business license from the Embassy of Heaven church.  And I have purchased and read several of their books.  Not sure whether or not that qualifies me as a member.  But I, too, love their resistance to the authority of the state.

anthonybpugh

Quakerism is the new fad among free staters?