• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

unable to attend PorcFest this year

Started by soliscjw, June 11, 2009, 09:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

soliscjw

While unable to attend PorcFest this year because of work I would like to come up to Keene and start looking for a place and to see about transferring to the CVS up there and looking for a place to live (which will be tough since I do not drive) later in the summer but need a place to stay near Keene while looking I am hoping some one here is willing to help if so let me know           Thanks, Chris Walker

dalebert

Quote from: soliscjw on June 11, 2009, 09:36 PM NHFT
(which will be tough since I do not drive)

Not that tough really. The vast majority of Keene proper is walkable to the CVS and most other places you need to go. The Liberty Bunker has rooms now, I think, and it's definitely walkable.

David

Quote from: dalebert on June 11, 2009, 09:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: soliscjw on June 11, 2009, 09:36 PM NHFT
(which will be tough since I do not drive)

Not that tough really. The vast majority of Keene proper is walkable to the CVS and most other places you need to go. The Liberty Bunker has rooms now, I think, and it's definitely walkable.
Absolutely. 

K. Darien Freeheart

Peacemaker

Quote from: Kevin Dean on June 11, 2009, 11:17 PM NHFT
I have it on good authority that Keene is a "Walker's Paradise".

http://whynewhampshire.org/2008/10/keene-walkers-paradise/

Keene is the most walkable city in NH (Walkers Magazine).

Russell Kanning

yea ... the cvs is a very central location for walking  .... we used to bike through the river park from our house and pop out right at the cvs ... almost anyplace would be walking distance to there ... or a bus ride :)
don't know where you can stay while you look though :(

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 12, 2009, 07:01 AM NHFT
don't know where you can stay while you look though :(

OMG. Are you kidding? There is so much cheap couch space and temporary housing available through porcs here.