• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

DARE to protest the (so-called) war on drugs! 5 August 2009

Started by MTPorcupine3, June 19, 2009, 09:09 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

rich if you're still paying attention i'm willing to ride as a passenger to this drug event.
i'll check my PM box around 3:30 pm to see if you are going to try and pick me up and where you want to pick me up.  I'm willing to rendevous in front of the grafton general store but would need to hear from you by 330, via PM on this forum. 

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 05, 2009, 10:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 04, 2009, 11:22 PM NHFT

Your not taking a hill full of machine gun nests. 

You sound like Walter from the "Big Lebowski". ;D

I was interested in this protest, a good opportunity, alas I am too busy with work to make it.

The way these things have worked out well in the underground is for someone to say "I'm going and have fun messing with the Drug Nazi's..."
Others then go also, no leader, no permit, not dependent on the size of the group to have a success. The '60's protest model was to somehow intimidate your opponent with numbers. Our successes have seemed to work based on a few against the bully. Seems to be more poignant.

I'm pretty sure that would be The Dude's line... as in, "Jesus, Walter, your not in Nam taking a hill full of fucking machine gun nests... it's a fucking sign waving contest, for crying out loud."

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 05, 2009, 10:51 AM NHFT
rich if you're still paying attention i'm willing to ride as a passenger to this drug event.
i'll check my PM box around 3:30 pm to see if you are going to try and pick me up and where you want to pick me up.  I'm willing to rendevous in front of the grafton general store but would need to hear from you by 330, via PM on this forum. 

Well, as it turns out, I have a badly swollen knee, so being on my feet holding a sign isn't the best thing for me right now. I just got back from Exeter chez the doctor. Now it's time to relieve John at the greenhouse.

Otherwise, I'd say to Jim: You're right. It's not about the numbers. I'll be there.

dalebert

RSVPs just aren't very meaningful for us, it seems. I had like 7 people confirmed and another 9 maybes for my party last Saturday. Oh... My... God... There were a lot of people. Same thing seems to go for things like protests at the jail. You just never know what people are going to be inspired to attend until you're there. Most of the time, I find the turnouts really impressive. Occasionally it is disappointing. It's just very hard to predict. Libertarians just seem disinclined to make commitments ahead of time but when the time comes, they seem to be doing pretty good overall about self-motivating so far.

Dave Ridley

I've learned the hard way generally it's better to plan small things that you can do alone if need be. 

A protest worth having is worth having alone.