• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Questions about Campton

Started by !ctlurker, July 12, 2009, 11:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: !ctlurker on July 21, 2009, 04:49 PM NHFT
Well the bad news came in yesterday, no deal on the property. Sellers must have lot of disposable income to tie up in an empty house.

However, all is not lost. Bound and determined to get the >:D out of CT and fighting a time frame regarding when school starts for our daughters, we're going to give another place we'd passed on a reconsideration. It's not in Campton though.

Hopefully, I'll have to start another tread with queries about that town.

Many thanks for the input.

Your welcome and good luck!  ;D

KBCraig

Sorry to hear that. I am often amazed at the decisions made by property owners. When my wife was looking for a small commercial space, she talked to the owner of a local building. It was in poor shape, he said he wasn't going to "put another dime into this dump!" by way of repairs, and he refused to come down from his requested monthly rental, which was about twice what we were willing to pay.

That was four years ago, and it has sat empty and unrepaired to this day. I guess there's some logic in preferring not getting $1,250 a month in rent, versus $650 a month and all repairs conducted by the tenants. It escapes me, but I'm sure it's there. Must be true, because so many commercial space owners seem to have the same philosophy.