• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Neat silver bars from NWT Mint

Started by Puke, August 25, 2009, 06:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Becky Thatcher

Sweet!!  My dad would have liked those.  He liked stuff with stagecoaches.  That's why my parents had an account with Wells Fargo...they had stagecoaches on the checks.  LOL

TackleTheWorld

Cool concept.  Pieces of four instead of pieces of eight.

PowerPenguin

that's pretty cool. Perhaps the producer of these pieces was forward thinking enough to plan for the time when people would again be using these as payment on a regular basis?

AntonLee

"for when you get outta dodge"   brilliant

Little Owl

So, at today's price, 1/4 oz is about $4.  In 1913 terms, that's about 16 cents.  Not too shabby resolution, I suppose copper will have to do for smaller increments.

Silent_Bob

NWT Mint is just too... slow... on shipping.

Little Owl

No kidding!  My first order took almost four months to arrive.  I used to shop at AJPM, but they have almost nothing to sell these days.

Coconut

Little Owl

QuoteWhat's the best alternative?

If they happen to have what you're looking for,  AJPM is an excellent company.  I did all of my bullion trading from 1996-2002 through them.  They were always fair, honest, and most important of all, quick.  They also had the best spreads anywhere.  Before each major purchase, I would scour the web and invariably came back to them.

Once, because of availability, I did try Southern Coins and Precious Metals, based in Louisiana.  I haven't worked with them since.  The bullion was a christmas gift, and although I eventually got everything I ordered, they routinely provided shipping information which was, shall we say, of questionable veracity.  I cannot tolerate that from any supplier of anything.

Friday

Quote from: Puke on August 25, 2009, 06:41 PM NHFT

They are made to be be split in to 1/4 oz pieces.  8)
Has anyone received any of these yet? I'm curious to know how easy it is to divide them.  Can you do it with your bare hands, or do you need to chisel them or something?

digitalfour

Quote from: Coconut on August 29, 2009, 10:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: Silent_Bob on August 28, 2009, 11:30 PM NHFT
NWT Mint is just too... slow... on shipping.
What's the best alternative?

I like APMEX.com. scottsdalesilver.com has some neat stuff too, and they only sell in-stock items, but it's more expensive. The best deals are had through precious metal forums, IMO.

When are we going to get a totally pro-freedom bullion dealer? :D

cxxguy

Quote from: digitalfour on September 06, 2009, 12:27 PM NHFT
When are we going to get a totally pro-freedom bullion dealer? :D

That would be me.

digitalfour

41mag

Quote from: digitalfour link=topic=18996.msg308166#msg308166
I like
url=http://apmex.com/]APMEX.com[/url].
Me too.  It helps that they're giving me stuff (03sep). :)