• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

There's no crying in baseball....

Started by bigmike, September 29, 2009, 01:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmike

until I read this:

DETROIT (AP) — The Tigers may still be battling to win the AL Central, but officials already are preparing for the possibility of a World Series in Detroit.

Law-enforcement personnel plan to descend from helicopters into Comerica Park on Wednesday morning as part of an exercise to prepare for a possible championship series.

The training was scheduled for Tuesday, but was pushed back after rain Monday night postponed a game with the Minnesota Twins. The rainout was to be made up as part of a doubleheader Tuesday.

Officials say Detroit SWAT and U.S. Customs and Border Protection personnel will participate in the "fast-roping" exercise, in which agents descend into the ballpark on a thick rope from a helicopter.

The Tigers are battling the Twins for the AL Central crown.

Ogre

Well everyone knows how dangerous those ball fields are. I mean, I'm sure if there's a World Series game there, there will only be around 5,000 policemen station in and around the stadium. They might need to get another dozen onto the pitcher's mound at a moment's notice.

KBCraig

Pat McCotter

Rights Group: Guinea Military Killed at Least 157 in Crackdown
By VOA News
29 September 2009

A local human rights group in Guinea says a bloody military crackdown on anti-government protesters killed at least 157 people and wounded more than 1,200 others.

The Guinean Organization for Defense of Human Rights says the death toll continues to rise as aid groups and medical workers discover more people gunned down by security forces in a crowded stadium in Conakry on Monday.

Witnesses say security forces fired into the air and then into the crowd of about 50,000 people.

Friday

I'm guessing you haven't been to see the local Nashua team yet; they take jingoism to a whole new level.  Just check out the website:  http://usmilitaryallstars.us/

KBCraig

Quote from: Friday on September 29, 2009, 02:22 PM NHFT
I'm guessing you haven't been to see the local Nashua team yet; they take jingoism to a whole new level.  Just check out the website:  http://usmilitaryallstars.us/

They used to be the Nashua Pride, then the American Defenders (that's when they started wearing camo), until they couldn't pay their bills and the city chained the gates shut on the park.

I guess this is the newest iteration?