• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

East Detroit Public Schools doing damage control

Started by bigmike, October 26, 2009, 07:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmike

Reading the article on FreeKeene about the kid from Keene High School getting detention for using his cell phone at school reminded me to post this story of a friend of mine back in Detroit.

He's dating a single mom with a 12 year old boy who's pretty big for his age and constantly getting into fights. The kid has taken to the NAP very well and decided a few weeks ago he'd walk away from an instigator and tell a teacher if the situation arose again. Sure enough some kid took a swing at him, he walked away back to the school and told the principle who said they'd deal with it.

The next day the instigator was suspended from school and it's policy in East Detroit Public Schools to get a 30 day suspension for fighting (seems a lot to me but that's not the point here).

The instigator is back in school 3 days later telling everyone he's gonna kick this kid's butt for snitching him out. The kid, worried about having to fight and deal with the consequences of his father calls his dad to let him know the fight will probably go down after school. The dad gets pissed and calls the principle to ask why the instigator is back in school after only three days.

The principle informs the father that because his son walked away without throwing a punch the school doesn't consider it a fight that gets the participants the 30 day cooling off suspension because "there weren't at least two willing participants involved in the altercation". Legal land is alive and well in East Detroit schools.

Even more, the principle asks the father how he found out the instigator was back in class already to which the dad responded his son called him on a cell phone given to him for use in emergencies. The principle walks to the classroom and takes the phone away from the kid and won't return it to either parent until school gets out in June.

The mom is pissed but not sure what to do so my buddy James decided to take this opportunity to pit bureaucrat against bureaucrat and have some fun. After getting the run around from the school administrators, the mom called Child Protective Services on the school under the same guise that CPS say environments at a family's home wouldn't be safe for a child.

She also went to the police station to file a police report against the principle for theft. This has apparently made a big stink for the school board who she plans on speaking to about this story as it's broadcast on public access TV. The bureaucrats are scrambling to cover their asses and the police chief of East Detroit is trying to get the mother to meet with him before taking this public.

I'll post details as they come out.

KBCraig

Sovereign Curtis