• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Empty holster protest Jan 6th 9am to 11am

Started by porcupine kate, December 23, 2009, 03:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine kate

I expect you all know by now that the Facilities committee has banned
"dangerous weapons" from the State House, LOB and Upham Walker House.

The feedback that I have gotten is that you are all anxious to express your displeasure to the majority party which perpetrated this act. I am hoping to have hundreds of citizens roaming the halls of the State House the morning of Jan 6, the first Session Day between approximately 9A to 11A, wearing empty holsters.

Please spread this far and wide.

Dan

Hon. Daniel C. Itse
(603) 642-9403

Jim Johnson

That proposal is more empty than his holster.

The Hon. Politico Itse should know that he can't get any court satisfaction until someone gets arrested.

Even if a bunch of folks show up with "empty holsters" what does that mean?  That the Facilities committee got it's way.

Maybe they'll take it up at their next meeting... mean while all of you schmoes are obeying something you know is completely wrong!

porcupine kate

I agree it won't do much.
I figured people should know about it.

Jim Johnson

Politico should bring a civil suit against the Itty Bitty Facility Committee for creating a dangerous work environment.

Or maybe he can just take it straight to OSHA. 

thinkliberty

You'll show everyone just how worthless the constitution is on Jan 6th. If it gives you the right to bear arms and you empty your holsters when they tell you no guns, then what good is it? 

In response to them banning guns at the state house I am going to boycott the people meeting in those buildings. They have stupid ideas.

We can do a better job than them, but the constitution says you have to wait every 2 to 4 years to replace them. It's too bad that we follow the constitution and don't vote in a new group of people people in after they violated the constitution.  I thought that the constitution was the social contract we had with our government, but I guess we have to keep our side of the contract, even when they don't keep their end of the "bargain". 

Until you vote them out of office (more like IF you can vote them out of office) can we stop pretending the constitution is special or has any real meaning? It really is not being followed and I don't think it's fun pretending anymore.

41mag

What would happen if I showed up with a holster that wasn't empty?

KBCraig

Quote from: 41mag on December 24, 2009, 03:46 AM NHFT

Denis will call you a Freak Stater and tell you to go back where you came from.

Tom Sawyer

You'd have a chance to make a statement.  8)

Lloyd Danforth

AntonLee

fuck that. . . . show up. . . . and bring your weapon of choice.

there's no reason to give up your safety, even for a day.  People must remain vigilant with their own safety.  I think the suggestion of an empty holster protest is dangerous.

Furthermore, I'd appreciate not being called a Freekstater and other attacks because I don 't feel right choosing to bend over and have the dildo of government shoved up my ass until I can plead with the man to stop fucking me with it.

I'd appreciate other political types taking their own into their wings and explaining to them that this type of behavior is the only thing that is counter productive for the movement and should be ceased immediately.  I've now seen two blowups of immense proportion by politcial types.  In times where Civil disobedience activists are bombarded for being immature, "freekstaters", and childish by all activists, I'd like some of the same to come to those members of our community that act like children when people choose to live their freedoms instead of talking about and begging for freedoms.

Ron Helwig

Yesterday I walked into the state house carrying a concealed "dangerous weapon" (a knife). I noticed the god damned worthless piece of paper posted right inside the door informing me of the new rule. I proceeded to ignore it and went into the building to perform the most appropriate business in the place - in the restroom.

Fluff and Stuff

That sounds like a fine idea.  Maybe do it at a different time?  It sounds like you are trying to promote your ideas at the expensive of someone else's ideas.  You are piggy backing on their event in a way to get more attention for your event.  I'd like to think you wouldn't treat your friends that way.  Maybe do your completely different event with different goals at a different time?  That way people will not be confused and think you were trying to take over their event with your completely different style of activism.

error

I posted this also on the Free Keene forum:

To me it's a question of strategy vs. tactics. Now I love civil disobedience; it's a powerful tactic. But in the activism I've seen, there has often been a lack of strategy. Strategy, as I'm using it here, means having a specific goal and choosing tactics which will advance that goal.

It seems that sometimes, some activists want to commit civil disobedience for its own sake, rather than because it's the best way to make a change. A careful consideration of strategy, and of determining exactly what change is desired, might indicate that tactics other than civil disobedience would be most effective at making the change.

Given that accomplishing a particular goal might require a variety of tactics to be most effective, I'm not willing to take "in the system" political activism off the table. At the same time I'm not willing to take "outside the system" activism off the table. After watching various bits of activism fail to achieve the desired results over the last couple of years, I'm convinced that if we are going to get results, people who prefer "outside the system" activism need to select their tactics much more carefully, and coordinate more closely with those who prefer "inside the system" activism. There is, I believe, a time and place for both, depending on what the overall goal is.

tito887

Hey error. I don't think I disagree with your assessment over tactics. With regards to people coming together and making a focused effort to advance liberty. With that being said. There are some people that prefer civil-dis and some who prefer political action. I'm certainly not against doing whatever is most effective to achieving your goals. But there are just some people that detest one form of activism over another. When I made the face book event. All I did was hint at the idea of disobeying.

The suggestion of disobeying resulted in a shitstorm. How can people come together and debate and hash out different tactics when there are some people out there who bitch and moan over the suggestion of civil-dis? I'm the new guy in NH, so if anyone has any good suggestions I"m all ears.

thinkliberty

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on December 24, 2009, 01:03 PM NHFT
It sounds like you are trying to promote your ideas at the expensive of someone else's ideas. 

You are piggy backing on their event in a way to get more attention for your event.

I'd like to think you wouldn't treat your friends that way.  Maybe do your completely different event with different goals at a different time?  That way people will not be confused and think you were trying to take over their event with your completely different style of activism.

God forbid someone promote a different idea!!! Ideas are bad!!! Especially different ideas!

You are piggy backing on the people who banned guns from the statehouse, you just want attention. Stop Crying that you don't like that they are trampling your rights.  Do what they tell you to do like everyone else.

If your "friends" tell you to shut up when people take your freedom and to do things "their way" are you really "friends"?

Maybe you should do your thing at a different place at a different time, but I guess the universe revolves around you and it's impossible for you to share different ideas at the same time, in your universe.