• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Empty holster protest Jan 6th 9am to 11am

Started by porcupine kate, December 23, 2009, 03:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 25, 2009, 12:29 PM NHFT

Quote from: Friday on December 25, 2009, 10:59 AM NHFT
By the way, I should probably mention that I got elected to the Board of the NHLA when I wasn't paying attention.  Hope we can still be friends.   :)

No way.  These will be the last words I speak to you.  No way we can be friends now. :P  ;)
Just keep your icy stares to yourself, girlfriend.  And if I notice my house levitating, I am SO doing a citizen's arrest on y'all.

Kat Kanning

If you saw one of my icy stares (tm), you would not speak so flippantly about them.  :o

Friday

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 25, 2009, 01:35 PM NHFT
If you saw one of my icy stares (tm), you would not speak so flippantly about them.  :o
Perhaps one day we will have a stareoff. [cue Mortal Kombat theme]  I used to get punished as a child for my icy stares.   :NinjaIconA:

Kat Kanning

Friday

Pat McCotter

Kat Kanning

Jim Johnson

Tom Sawyer

*remembering not to make eye contact*

Perhaps we have the ultimate weapon in the combined Kat and Friday's Icy Stare...

I almost feel sorry for the feds, they really don't stand a chance...

Friday

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

(By the way, I'm fine with splitting the shenanigans into a separate thread)

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Friday on December 25, 2009, 02:31 PM NHFT
Perhaps one day we will have a stareoff. [cue Mortal Kombat theme]

I want in on this!!  My icy stare (aka my "eat sh*t and die" look) has frightened people from behind my dark sunglasses...I think I could be a contender!!!  8)

KBCraig

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on December 25, 2009, 08:02 PM NHFT

I want in on this!!  My icy stare (aka my "eat sh*t and die" look) has frightened people from behind my dark sunglasses...I think I could be a contender!!!  8)

You distract them with the toplessness, then zap them with the stare.  ;)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on December 25, 2009, 08:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: Becky Thatcher on December 25, 2009, 08:02 PM NHFT

You distract them with the toplessness, then zap them with the stare.  ;)

Hey... how did you know that's how she got me!  ;D

error

Sandy, I never saw Dan Itse's email; it was only described to me at last Taproom Tuesday. The gist of it, as I understand it, is that they're going to try to overturn this rule, and if that fails, then it's time for civil disobedience. This seems not unreasonable to me, though I can see others not liking it for various reasons.

Friday

Quote from: Friday on December 25, 2009, 10:59 AM NHFT
I'm trying to dig up Itse's full original email, because what's posted at the start of this thread is not the whole thing.  He wasn't suggesting an empty holster protest and then, if (when) it has no effect, crying and going home.  He was suggesting that this would be the first step, and, if I recall correctly, civil disobedience would be the next step. 

I searched for this yesterday and couldn't find it, and was beginning to fear that I had misremembered.  But I just found it.  This is from an NHLA list:

3.       Maybe those handing out gold standards ought to be sporting empty holsters to signify their believe that they have been unconstitutionally disarmed, but are willing to settle this in a political manner.

4.       If we are further ignored, then it is the time for civil disobedience.