• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Traffic Court in Candia Jan. 4th

Started by the_central_scrutinizer, December 27, 2009, 12:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

the_central_scrutinizer

Hi all. It's Josh from Keene, or "Angry Josh". Maybe you've gotten to know me a bit over the past year or so, or have heard a sporadic appearance on FTL.   

I have to appear in Candia district court on Jan. 4th to defend myself against the an incident back in May. I was between vehicles and was driving with my truck plates on my other car. Got pulled over and fined $250 for the following offenses: Unregistered Vehicle and Misuse/Failure to Display Plates, plus a $50 administrative fee for my "untimely response to the DMV."

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I should proceed with my defense? I plan on simply speaking plain truth regarding doing what I had to do to make it to work and get the money to complete my registration on the following Monday. Closing statements seem to be free from objections as they are directed to the court in general and not any witnesses or the judge specifically, therefore I will save my condemnations of the egregious property violations of the state for that time.

I have no intent to pay these fines so I will most likely be going to jail for about a week. Anybody who can come out for support would be great. It should be quick, but it always helps to have some friends behind you when facing down a starving, irrational beast.

bigmike

I'll see about catching a ride out there.

stanford

Good to bring that Keene activism to our little courthouse in Candia. Lord knows I've spent waaaay too much time in that building over the past year. Let's break in another judge!

As far as advice, Josh, I think it would be best if you kept your cool (yeah, right!) and just stated the facts and your refusal to pay. If you raise your voice and act boorish, Judge Le Petomane will know just what to do with you. If you refuse calmly to obey, I'm sure it will throw him off for a while.

My guess is that he'll first try to offer you community service at $10/hour towards your fine and fees. He likes to do that. So you should be prepared to have an answer to that.

Russell Kanning

misuse of plates is very serious .... the state could have been hurt

Mike Barskey

What time is their trial for you, and what's the address of the court?

the_central_scrutinizer

Trial time is 9:30, address is 110 Raymond Road Candia, NH 03034

TackleTheWorld

Anyone interested in a Keene car pool?

Kat Kanning

I find Keene carpools to be a fascinating subject.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on January 03, 2010, 06:28 PM NHFT
Anyone interested in a Keene car pool?

Yes!  Phone nice and early, so I'll be sure to be ready, and I'll join you!

Tom Sawyer

Good luck to Josh today. We can't make it, but are sending out good vibes.

Tom Sawyer

QuoteHey Josh,

Sending this out via Barskey's mail-to-jail thingy (thanks Mike :).

Hope this gets to you quickly.

Don't go all "Cape Fear" on us and get a bunch of tattoos and big muscles like De Niro did.

All joking aside...
May your time slide by quickly and your stay have a positive impact on others around you.

Trying to send good vibes your way,
Roger, Elizabeth and William

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 04, 2010, 01:59 PM NHFT
QuoteHey Josh,

Sending this out via Barskey's mail-to-jail thingy (thanks Mike :).

Hope this gets to you quickly.

Don't go all "Cape Fear" on us and get a bunch of tattoos and big muscles like De Niro did.

All joking aside...
May your time slide by quickly and your stay have a positive impact on others around you.

Trying to send good vibes your way,
Roger, Elizabeth and William
I don't see that he's in the system yet.  What jail name and address did you use?

Tom Sawyer

Josh Kern
Rockingham County Jail

Is all I had to use. Hopely the dedicated elves at mail-to-jail.com can fill in the rest.  :)

Russell Kanning

i think that in rockingham county jail, he would spend the first 3 days in the special max/intake section
i don't know if he will get mail then

Kat Kanning

Good for Josh for stickin' it to the man!  I'll send off something in the mail today.  Dale posted the address in the 'writing to the political prisoners thread.'