• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

420 Celebration - Nashua

Started by Ryan McGuire, February 01, 2010, 06:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Lloyd Danforth

Yeah. For one thing,Lynch is a democrat.

Free libertarian

Lynch is the worst kind of Democrat.  At least some Democrats get 1/2 of the equation, that people should own their own bodies.    I'm surprised he hasn't started a new State department...The Department of Indoctrination and Cognitive Dissonance Reassurance , might be a good name for it.   DICkeD for short.

Russell Kanning

i have to complain about 2 guys that showed up at the 420 party.

one was wearing a bosox jersey. he and his buddy had a really bad attitude

Kat Kanning

That was a nice article in the Telegraph.  Since the cops refused to talk to the media, they didn't get their side of the story in the article.  The cops came out looking like thugs.

Lloyd Danforth

Right down to the title! They could have titled it:  Pot Smokers Nabbed......."

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 23, 2010, 07:54 AM NHFT

I would have respected him alot more if he had been wearing #37...I think that was
1970's Bosox pitcher "Spaceman" Bill Lee's number.

Maybe he was afraid mean Mike Tiner was going to "assault" him,  Mike has a violent history of thrashing cops at these events y'know.    ::)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 23, 2010, 07:54 AM NHFT

They thought they were Miami Vice    ;D  (losers)

Watching the videos makes me want to crawl under their car to do a safety inspection.  ;D  "Aw... Dispatch we can't drive anywhere... we got some guy stuck up under our car!"

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 23, 2010, 09:01 AM NHFT
That was a nice article in the Telegraph.  Since the cops refused to talk to the media, they didn't get their side of the story in the article.  The cops came out looking like thugs.

The cops are doing damage control.  Their big mistake was arresting the black man in a crowd of white people.  It's obvious that the cops where transfixed on the black guy, they didn't look long enough at the white people to see guns being openly carried.

Lloyd Danforth

Black guys should rent themselves out to these rallies to provide the white folks a cloak of invisibility.

Jim Johnson

I'd feel really bad if he got beat up by the cops though. 

Russell Kanning

that would be part of the job description .... or they could negotiate for more pay if they arrested, beaten
hazard pay for dog attacks

Fluff and Stuff

Story, video and pix from the Sunday 420 Celebration.  The article seemed very accurate except for calling the event a protest.  All mainstream media coverage.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/682387-196/pot-handgun-part-of-protest-on-library.html

Tom Sawyer

Good article Ryan's interview especially.  :)

The only critique I have is the repeated call for decriminalization. Decrim is a roadblock to real reform. Pot smokers don't get chewed up by the system... pot growers and dealers do. In states that have decrimed... the number of people serving time for cannabis has not declined. In addition a pot dealer is your friend who had more than the tiny amount defined as simple possesion... or had baggies, a scale, more than one measured amount of cannabis... implements of sale... intent to distribute.

Getting a summons is nothing compared to a no-knock raid a 5 am for the plants in your closet.

[Danger sarcasm to follow]

It's a real pleasure to see Matt Simon's denouncement... he doesn't care about pot growers or dealers... as long as someone lower on the economic scale will sell him his weed, he will be content.

Begging for smaller and smaller concessions from the legislature is worse than doing nothing at all. Maybe try making concessions like offering up that they should increase the penalities for the evil money making dealers and growers.

-------------------------------------
Here is a press clipping from back in 1977... an activist I worked with. They said his wasn't the right approach also... it lead to radical improvements in the laws.