• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Where to buy cardboard or newsprint and soil or manure in Grafton

Started by George Donnelly, March 08, 2010, 11:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

George Donnelly

Where can I buy this stuff in Grafton?

(1) old cardboard and/or newspaper

(2) soil, manure, compost, etc.

Thanks!

Free libertarian

West Lebanon has alot of retail for scrap cardboard.  The Grafton transfer station is open on Weds. or Sunday, might be a good place for newsprint or cardboard too.

Soil and manure ? Hmm.  Seems there was a thread on this board that some guy was gonna shit his pants in protest when he was arrested, maybe he'd save 'em for you.  ;D

Kat Kanning

For a small fee, I'll bring you cardboard.

There's a guy on Hwy 4 between Grafton and Danbury that has a couple horses and sells manure.

George Donnelly

Thanks Kat. I would love to buy a bunch from you on Mon Mar 22.

Kat Kanning

Define "a bunch" :)  I basically have an endless supply.  The only charge is my bother for hauling it to you.

George Donnelly

Good question. How do we measure it? Maybe I can come by the morning of Mon Mar 22 and we can figure that out? I need enough to cover maybe 2000 square feet of ground. Does that help?

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

you might also find manure available in your neighborhood or on craigslist nearby

maybe some obama operative will be in the area pushing his healthcare plan and other refuse

Scott Roth

Buy yourself a good office paper shredder and shred all of your mail and any other paper goods you may use.  That is what will become compost for me once it comes out of my composter, usually once every two weeks or so.  That amount should keep you well stocked and ready for any planting you may do.

George Donnelly

Tom Sawyer

Rake and collect leaf litter to add to compost. Although a lot of pine needles would be too acidic.

Russell Kanning

yea ... i only use cardboard for my winter composting, since you can't move the leaves and grass clippings :)

Free libertarian

You should have come down and voted yesterday...lots of free manure there.   :P

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

I brought home the first load of cardboard.  I figure it'd be approx. 100 boxes, or 5 carloads.