• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FSP Magazine

Started by bwisok, April 23, 2010, 03:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bwisok

The mantel for writer/editor of the "FSP Magazine," a 40-50 pg. professional pub for promoting the Free State experience, has fallen to yours truly, and I'm seeking assistance in gathering information on what's old, what's new, and what's good. I'm not a regular visitor to NHFree, but have been in the past--just not much of a forum or talk type person. But as time goes on...

And during the period for this magazine creation, I shall be checking in from time to time for ideas and posts. The schedule for doing this creative phase is tight. Linda Lagana is the designer. Plan is to have for PorcFest 2010.

Anyone who wishes to help out with doing some actual writing/contributing is more than welcome. Please just post here and we'll get together to figure out what to do between us outside the forum.

Brian Wright
http://thecoffeecoaster.com/

TackleTheWorld

Welcome Brian!
What's the connection between the Free State experience and professionals?
:)

bwisok

Sorry, Tackle the World, I don't understand the question.
What do you mean by "professionals"?

bw

TackleTheWorld

You say it's a professional pub.  Written by professionals?  Written for professionals?  Marketed by professionals, for professionals?  Sponsored by, invested in by, dedicated to professionals?

bwisok

Well, I didn't really mean anything by professional except that the board is funding some of the production, and that some people in the professions of editing, writing, document design would be coordinating the process. And I guess colloquially I meant to suggest it would be comparable to publications one might find at say a state visitor's center that promote various businesses, like wineries, recreational areas, amusement parks, zoos, etc. Those works are almost always produced by ad agencies or design companies staffed by "professionals" in the creative arts.

Anyway, the urgency is off.

We will have a presentation and mockup at Porc Fest to serve as an invitation and template for input by the many individuals and groups on the ground who compose the Free State experience. The idea is to put together and convey the excitement and variety of life here, encourage likeminded people to join us; the core of the document will come from these stories around which we'll wrap a appealing narrative thread and some attractive design elements. So in that sense the document is not "professional," because it springs from the experience and comments of all the Free Staters... or as many who wish to provide their input.

bw

Russell Kanning

i am sure some of us can help with the history of part of the movement
now it is getting too big for any of us to keep up with totally

Fluff and Stuff

This is a really cool idea.

porcupine kate

I love the idea.
I am working on putting together a list of activism in NH that isn't civil dis or Politico for Porc Fest.
I would love to have contact information for the magazine along with a short blurb about the project and how people can help.

Kate

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 18, 2010, 08:28 AM NHFT
i am sure some of us can help with the history of part of the movement
now it is getting too big for any of us to keep up with totally

I can help with the first few weeks, but the later stuff is fuzzy.

Russell Kanning

we will just make it up