• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Huckleberry Bushes

Started by EthanLeeVita, April 27, 2010, 06:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

EthanLeeVita

Does New Hampshire have huckleberry bushes?

Pat K

AntonLee

Huckleberries are part of the blueberry family, require acidic well draining soil.  They will grow up here, I knew someone who grew them for color in their garden and for attracting birds to it, but not for eating.

from wikipedia
QuoteThe fruit of the various species of plant called huckleberry is generally edible. The berries are small and round, usually less than 5 mm in diameter, and contain 10 relatively large seeds. Berries range in color according to species from bright red, through dark purple, and into the blues. In taste the berries range from tart to sweet, with a flavor similar to that of a blueberry, especially in blue- and purple-colored varieties. Huckleberries are enjoyed by many mammals, including grizzly bears and humans.

the seeds are what does it for me.  It looks like a blueberry, tastes like a blueberry, grows in the same conditions, some parts of the country call it a blueberry, but it has 10 larger seeds instead of smaller seeds which makes it harder to eat.

I'll just plant a blueberry instead.  =O)

(plus you can find blueberry easier)

I saw a Berry poster up at Kat's house and I became aroused.  So many berries so little space.

Lloyd Danforth

While I don't get as excited about Berries as you, apparently, do Anton, I agree, just plant Blueberries.
Besides, who wants to attract Grizzly Bears :qm:

Free libertarian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 28, 2010, 06:32 AM NHFT
While I don't get as excited about Berries as you, apparently, do Anton, I agree, just plant Blueberries.
Besides, who wants to attract Grizzly Bears :qm:

...or aroused polar bears for that matter.
Polar Bears Fucking!!!

AntonLee

I want to attract them, train them, and have them defend my trailer =O)

like Gentle Ben

Lloyd Danforth

Well then, try not to let your arousal enthusiasm scare them.

AntonLee

believe me, when I'm aroused people become afraid.  lols