• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

HVAC tools

Started by MaineShark, September 08, 2010, 01:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Bacharach electronic combustion analyzer (complete kit, including smoke tester and printer, in addition to the analyzer).  Needs calibration/service from Bacharach, which runs about $300, I believe.  Normally sells for almost $1500.  I won't take less than half an ounce of gold (or equivalent), and I'd like a bit more than that, but it's still well below the new cost, and it was a backup, so it's barely been used (maybe a dozen tests, total, on a device that's intended to do a few hundred a year, and last years doing that).  Add a shop vac and some hand tools, and you're set to clean and tune-up oil or gas furnaces and boilers.

Refrigerant recovery machine.  Older style (ie, not all digital nonsense - simple and easy to understand).  I have no idea if it works, as it was included in a lot of supplies that I picked up, and I don't do refrigerant work, so I've never even turned it on.  Make an offer.

Valveless service tool.  For working on refrigerators and the like, that don't have service valves (just a soldered-closed pigtail).  Allows you to open that up, re-charge the system, and re-seal it.  Make an offer.

Joe