• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free State inspiration

Started by Pat McCotter, December 24, 2010, 06:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/229740/free-state-inspiration

QuoteLETTER

Free State inspiration

Dan Schroth Piermarocchi, Pittsfield

By For the Monitor

December 18, 2010

To the good citizens of the Free State Project: Thank you for setting an example.

Many of us would gladly trade the protections society has bestowed on us for the liberty to live as we choose without harming our neighbor. Here in Pittsfield we have started the Free Town Project.

We have drawn up a petition to repeal the 1988 zoning ordinance. It has been signed and delivered to Paul Skowron, our very capable town administrator. He has assured me this will receive a hearing and be on the ballot come March. The way I figure it, the cops own the roads, the IRS still owns part of our pay, our fire chief, Gary Johnson, still wants you to get a fire permit, and Dan Kramer, our building inspector, still wants you to get a building permit. If we repeal zoning we get everything else. This almost has the taste of freedom.

You know the song "Uprising" by Muse? I think we are going to use that for our campaign theme song. I hope to meet some members of your group. You are always welcome in Pittsfield. You have been inspiring.

DAN SCHROTH PIERMAROCCHI

Pittsfield

He may call the FSP an inspiration but the FSP maybe could call him one.
Pittsfield, N.H. man turns tornado damage into opportunity

Pat McCotter

Stone wall is a work of art
By Dan Schroth Piermarocchi / For the Monitor
May 4, 2010

On March 2, my dog, Baxter, and I finished rebuilding the new England stonewall on the east side of the new ball field on Tilton Hill Road in Pittsfield.

The rebuilding and adding a back to the wall took 24 days and was done over the course of one year, mostly this winter, with a crew of three some days, four others; sometimes I worked alone with my dog.

Here are the statistics: 12,000 pounds of fieldstone from Webster Mills Road and 38,000 pounds of ledgerock from Clough Road were trucked in and dollyed down the path of sorrow. The old rock wall on site weighed approximately 95,000 pounds and is approximately 30 inches wide, 32 inches high and 223 feet long.

Many thanks to my good friend Larry Berkson and the Youth Baseball Association for the opportunity.

Here are the citizens that made the project possible: Tom and Mary Chayer and Dennis and Hope Mannion donated stone. Pete Pynowski and Ray Webber trucked stone. Jefferey Ames, Clint Brewster, James Schroth, Justin Schroth and Ryan Chase were stonemen.

Together we placed a wager of art. The wall is the highest point of the park. It is facing west; when the sun starts to set, the wall brightens. It is probably the closest thing to a pyramid we will ever build. On a scale of one to 10 - 10 being extremely difficult - this wall was a seven.

Russell Kanning

cool
i could see almost all of that pine being used as cordwood for construction :)