• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Here's something I've been thinking about lately regarding gas prices and stuff

Started by Raineyrocks, January 19, 2011, 09:54 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: littlehawk on January 20, 2011, 07:53 PM NHFT
Thats part of what some people call a "bug out plan". Have a place to go, a plan of exit (if needed) and some stash. It could be in a old trailer, your car or a shed. Or if you are lucky a friends house! LOL    {um scuse me, I have some steaks if you have a warm bed?)

Weapons and ammo are a must. If anything does happen your friend may want to kill you just to take your food to feed his family.

I've read a lot about having a bug out place but we don't have the money to get one except for going into the woods but then if you buy a lot of storable food you can't carry it with you.  I don't have any friend's house to go to, the only people I know that we could stay with because their mortgage is paid off live in Maryland and Florida.  That would be an impossible drive, if there's martial law, and those aren't the best states to go to either.

Rick has said, if the economy collapses they won't be able to pay anyone to kick people out of their homes if they owe a mortgage but that seems to good to be true.  To be able stay in the house where all of your supplies are, all nice and warm, doesn't it? :-\

cathleeninnh

Russell Kanning

i agree with lloyd
but that doesn't help you understand him rainey
don't worry

Pat K

I just paid 3:45 a gallon on the way home,
to fill up for the coming winter wonderfulness.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 25, 2011, 03:17 PM NHFT
i agree with lloyd
but that doesn't help you understand him rainey
don't worry

Yeah, I agree with Lloyd on his 1st post in this thread, it was the 2nd one that got me confused.............nah, no worries.  :)

Raineyrocks

http://www.infowars.com/world-food-prices-hit-record-high/

World food prices hit record high

AFP
February 3, 2011

World food prices reached their highest level ever recorded in January and are set to keep rising for months, the UN food agency said on Thursday, warning that the hardest-hit countries could face turmoil.

Rising food prices have been cited among the driving forces behind recent popular revolts in north Africa, including the uprising in Egypt and the toppling of Tunisia's long-time president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.

And in its latest survey, the Food and Agriculture Organisation said its index which monitors monthly price changes for a variety of staples averaged 231 points in January — the highest level since records began in 1990.

Read entire article

Russell Kanning

i wonder if food prices are up compared to saaaay gold .... or is it only up compared to paper money

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 09, 2011, 05:58 PM NHFT
i wonder if food prices are up compared to saaaay gold .... or is it only up compared to paper money

Oh gosh, now I'm confused again.  :duh:  and I thought only Lloyd was confusing in this thread.  :-\

Ok, I will take a shot at figuring this out:  Do you mean that food prices have to do with the rising price of gold?

Russell Kanning

i bet they often both go up against the dollar
or rather dollars become worthless over time compared to real stuph

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 09, 2011, 06:38 PM NHFT
i bet they often both go up against the dollar
or rather dollars become worthless over time compared to real stuph

I don't know maybe it's me, but I still don't get it.  I am tired, maybe that's it.  :-\   Was I even close?

Russell Kanning

i cannot reveal the secrets as long as you are climbing candy mountain

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/166755.html

Oil hits new high over Libya revolution
Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13AM

The revolution in Libya and concerns over supply disruptions in the country have pushed crude prices to a two-year high of over 100 dollars a barrel.

Brent crude rose above $111 per barrel on Wednesday, while light, sweet crude for April delivery briefly touched $100 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

The price hike comes as the Libyan government has lost control to pro-democracy protesters in many cities in the east, where much of its oil producing capacity and port operations lie.

The Libyan crisis is threatening the livelihood of foreign companies with vested interests in the North African nation.

Foreign oil companies, namely ENI of Italy, Spain's Repsol, French energy giant Total, Norwegian Statoil and the oil subsidiary of Germany's chemical group BASF, have halted much of their energy production in Libya and moved personnel out of the country.

Libya has proven oil reserves of 44 billion barrels, the largest in Africa, according to the International Energy Agency and exports most of its crude and gas production to Europe.

But Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi said in a defiant speech on Tuesday that he would not step down and threatened tougher action against protesters.

This has raised concerns that long-lasting supply disruptions or even permanent damage would happen to the OPEC member's oil industry.

Pat K

last night on the way home gas was 3.49
today on the way to work it was 3.67.

Russell Kanning