• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Distress Signal, Community Run Emergency Services

Started by antijingoist, May 22, 2011, 08:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

antijingoist

You know how people say that options to the current government run programs should  be created?
I've been playing around with a setup for 911, which is currently government run or contracted. Instead of centralized call centers, I am using servers in a decentralized setup so that the service is always up (somewhere), can't easily be blocked, and allows for quicker dispatching of information not only to gov't or alternative emergency services, but to friends and family so they can know what is going on and keep track of you when necessary.

It works, even though it's currently alpha alpha alpha.  ie: everything is hardcoded in so I could run around and test how it works.
AND....

I started a kickstarter for it here: http://kck.st/mhemvi.

Nothing flashy on that page yet, but it has all the details and basic information for those interested. So, thoughts, suggestions? Let me know!

Jim Johnson

antijingoist

Coming from you, that means alot, thanks! :)
Now you know what the late nights were for. :)