• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fire in Grafton

Started by John, September 26, 2011, 09:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Here in Grafton, a very nice guy who is a friendly and welcoming neighbor lost his entire auto mechanic/body shop garage to a fire this afternoon.

No one was hurt!

From all I can tell, Jeremy Digby is an honest and competent auto mechanic and bodywork guy.
He has provided service to me, and to others I have recommended, at very reasonable prices.

The entire building is gone.
This is his livelyhood.

He will rebuild, and he will need help.

Several of us are looking at ways to help ASAP. A tiny amount of money has already been raised.

Ideas being floated include: possible car wash, and/or bake sale & contest, and/or fundraising dinner.

Any other ideas?

Russell Kanning

John

Charity Event Day to help Jeremy get back to work.
Money will go to Jeremy to help buy tools he needs to get back to work and/or building suplies to help put a roof over his work again.

Afternoon - Car Wash - Suggested donations = $5 for small to medium size cars, $7 for big cars, $10 for trucks. Folks can always give more if they can afford and feel like they want to.

Afternoon - Bake sale/contest - Entries will be cut into single serving size. Contribute $1 per serving and vote for your favorite. Winner not only gets "bragging rights," but we will try to produce a certificate to award.

Late afternoon/early evening - Spaghetti Dinner, with salad and stuff - Suggested donation $10

Possible 50/50 Raffle - Winner gets half/Jeremy gets half - Donations would be: 1 for $2, 3 for $5, 7 for $10, 15 for $20

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO HELP BEFORE AND DURING ALL EVENTS!!!!!!!!! WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO MAKE SOME SIGNS IN AVANCE!!!!!

All Peaceful people are welcome to come and participate: Socialize, meet new folks, play hoop, 4 square, other fun games, visit rail trail... Etc.

Maybe you have tools you want to donate. That could also be enormously helpful.

John

We're keeping it simple.
Since we had several ideas, why not do all of them on the same day - and ASAP?

This coming Sunday, Oct. 2.

Carwash -  11 - 3
Bake Sale/Contest - 11 - 7
Spaghetti Dinner with sauce, salad, and garlic bread - 4:30 - 7
50/50 Raffle - drawing at 6

Tom Sawyer

John

I neglected to mention when it come to any of his "competitors", Jeremy alway has positive things to say.
Jeremy has a very positive spirit.

John

We're in the home stretch of prepping. I'm pooped. The cook is STILL running...

This should be a fun event, and a good chance to meet lots of nice folk from the Upper Valley.
Jeremy has lots of (real life) friends. :-)

KBCraig

John, bless you for running with this. I hope you have a great response.

Russell Kanning

perfect event for the peaceful assembly church :)

Ryan McGuire

The food was good, the conversations were great, and (having only just met) Jeremy seems like a great guy. Thanks John for putting this together.

Lloyd Danforth

Yeah! Kudos to John, Ivy, Bill and all the rest who worked to put that on.

John

Success!
Thanks to everyone who helped pull it together and attended, particularly on such short notice.
The winner of the Bake Sale/Contest was Sharron's Chocolate Cake. I don't have her contact info, so if you see her please let her know.

As I said on "facebug": WOW! Thanks to EVERYONE who helped... I don't (yet) have the right words to describe the sustained effort Ivy put into pulling this event together. Just WOW – -- for now. Bill's "behind the scene" contributions to the effort were so quiet that it seemed :-) Almost stealthy. :-) THANKS again to everyone who helped. PEACE!

Russell Kanning