• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Has anyone here ever tried to astral travel or I guess remote viewing?

Started by Raineyrocks, October 25, 2012, 10:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I'm not sure if they are the same thing but it seems like it would be interesting to do however I'd be afraid that it would leave me open for entities to enter my body.  Is that too paranoid?

I was thinking if I learned how to travel like that I could see all of the places in the world I've always wanted to without ever having to get on an airplane or being able to afford to "really" travel.  It does seem cool, doesn't it?  I have cds that are suppose to guide me into this sort of thing but either they don't really work, hold my attention span long enough to work, or I go to sleep too quickly after turning them on. :dontknow:

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Raineyrocks on October 25, 2012, 10:27 PM NHFT
I'm not sure if they are the same thing but it seems like it would be interesting to do however I'd be afraid that it would leave me open for entities to enter my body.  Is that too paranoid?

yes

I was thinking if I learned how to travel like that I could see all of the places in the world I've always wanted to without ever having to get on an airplane or being able to afford to "really" travel.  It does seem cool, doesn't it?  I have cds that are suppose to guide me into this sort of thing but either they don't really work, hold my attention span long enough to work, or I go to sleep too quickly after turning them on. :dontknow:

It's called television... it takes you places without having to leave your house.

lildog

Back in college one of the guys living in my dorm had done studies into hypnotism and meditation.  He put a couple of us into deep trances for "past life regression" to try to pull memories of past lives.
Not sure if I buy into it but it was definitely an interesting experience.
Basically we'd get as comfortable as possible then lay down.  Slowly he's begin talking us through going into a basic trance then once in you could still hear things around you and know what's going on in the room but you were in partially awake dream state where you would have very strong visions or dreams.
Whether or not they were "past lives" or just powerful dreams, I don't know.  But it was a cool experience.

Years later, one of my fraternity brothers in NY city was a professional hypnotist.  He let me pick people I knew so I would know they were plants and he put them under and had them doing some funny stuff.  One friend, a 6 plus foot tall black man with arms like trucks, broke into a very feminine song (with swaying hips) every time he heard the word rose and was screaming out the "John is the best hypnotist ever" every time he heard the name John.  He had him do this until midnight at which time he reverted to normal.  Now this guy was screaming and singing out like a nut in the middle of a crowded bar, and getting more and more pissed each time he did it (but he couldn't stop himself).
If nothing else he could have you actually believing you traveled to all sorts of cool places.  Too much total recall for my taste though.

WithoutAPaddle

Click to play.  I can't figure out how to host YouTube here anymore and am having similar difficulty on some other forums.  Did YouTube reformat itself to impede video linking?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 26, 2012, 08:33 AM NHFT

yes

It's called television... it takes you places without having to leave your house.

Yeah, I thought so.  :P  Television is neat that way but it's like just looking at pictures not having the experience of really being there, for me anyway.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: lildog on October 26, 2012, 10:22 AM NHFT

Back in college one of the guys living in my dorm had done studies into hypnotism and meditation.  He put a couple of us into deep trances for "past life regression" to try to pull memories of past lives.
Not sure if I buy into it but it was definitely an interesting experience.
Basically we'd get as comfortable as possible then lay down.  Slowly he's begin talking us through going into a basic trance then once in you could still hear things around you and know what's going on in the room but you were in partially awake dream state where you would have very strong visions or dreams.
Whether or not they were "past lives" or just powerful dreams, I don't know.  But it was a cool experience.

Years later, one of my fraternity brothers in NY city was a professional hypnotist.  He let me pick people I knew so I would know they were plants and he put them under and had them doing some funny stuff.  One friend, a 6 plus foot tall black man with arms like trucks, broke into a very feminine song (with swaying hips) every time he heard the word rose and was screaming out the "John is the best hypnotist ever" every time he heard the name John.  He had him do this until midnight at which time he reverted to normal.  Now this guy was screaming and singing out like a nut in the middle of a crowded bar, and getting more and more pissed each time he did it (but he couldn't stop himself).
If nothing else he could have you actually believing you traveled to all sorts of cool places.  Too much total recall for my taste though.

Wow, that's cool.  I don't know if I want to experience past life stuff though.  I thought about it but I'm skeptical too.  Do you remember when all of that, "I've been molested because I went to a past life hypnotist" stuff came out on television?  I think it was in the 90's, Rosanne Barr even came out and said she found out she was molested through a past life regression session. 

Oh my gosh that's funny!  I didn't know people were aware of what hypnotists had them do, that would suck not being able to stop it when he was aware of what he was doing.  I went to a quit smoking hypnotist once and it didn't work at all.

I'm fascinated with why only a tiny portion of our brain functions.  What else are we capable of if our entire brains functioned, I wonder.

lildog

Quote from: Raineyrocks on October 27, 2012, 01:19 PM NHFTI went to a quit smoking hypnotist once and it didn't work at all.

The friend of mine who does it professionally said that not everyone is able to be hypnotized.  Like with everything, not everyone fits the same cookie cutter molds.  Some are very susceptible while others aren't.

He had said if I wanted to be hypnotized he got the impression I would be one of the more difficult subjects.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on October 26, 2012, 03:37 PM NHFT
Click to play.  I can't figure out how to host YouTube here anymore and am having similar difficulty on some other forums.  Did YouTube reformat itself to impede video linking?

Awesome, thanks!  :)  Yup, but it never works for me. :-\