• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I think the constant influx of political phone calls I receive are so dumb

Started by Raineyrocks, October 25, 2012, 11:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I've been ignoring these phone calls because I didn't feel like answering them until one day I decided to pick up and speak my mind.

The caller asked to speak to me, using my name, so I said, "Yes, this is she", then he told me he's from blah, blah, blah, and doing a presedential voting poll and would like to know who I am voting for, I said, "What is the purpose of having a curtain at the voting booth, isn't it so that I may vote in privacy?".   He said, "So then you're undecided?" and I said, " I know exactly who I'm voting for but I'm not telling you."

Isn't it dumb to even have curtains and anonymous ballots to fill out if everyone tells these pollers, (?), who they are voting for, especially when they actually ask for you by name?

Jim Johnson

I agree, it is dumb.

I hate the one that says, "....press 1 if you are a Republican, press 2 if you are a Democrat, press 3 if you are independent."

I wait for the next choice, but it just keeps repeating the same three choices.

Then I thing, well I'm not dependent on one of those two asshole organizations so I guess I am independent, but I'm not part of the Independent party.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 26, 2012, 08:27 AM NHFT
I agree, it is dumb.

I hate the one that says, "....press 1 if you are a Republican, press 2 if you are a Democrat, press 3 if you are independent."

I wait for the next choice, but it just keeps repeating the same three choices.

Then I thing, well I'm not dependent on one of those two asshole organizations so I guess I am independent, but I'm not part of the Independent party.

I'm actually surprised there is even an independent option.  Well, I guess we are all supposed to fit into their neat little categories and they get to define false realities of what independent really is.  I totally agree with you too.  :)