• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The Keene 120

Started by lildog, January 31, 2013, 08:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

lildog

I'm a little confused by this article:

http://www.nhinsider.com/rep-steve-vaillancourt/2013/1/30/free-staters-should-indeed-go-pound-sand.html?lastPage=true#comment19564184

He's calling out 120 free staters from Keene who are pushing a petition against Rep Chase but there is no link to what the petition actually says or any mention of what Rep Chase did in the first place.

Can anyone here shed some light on the details?

MaineShark

Basically, she said that she was upset that bills of attainder are prohibited, because she'd like to outlaw the FSP, and instead says that she plans to work to restrict freedom in NH so that no one who cares about liberty will want to move here.  She hates the FSP for "taking over" NH, but she, herself, moved here from Rhode Island in 2006.

If you do a web search for "Cynthia Chase," you'll find all sorts of articles on the subject.

The petition, IIRC, asks that she be censured.  Some of her fellow-idiots don't know the difference between "censure" (an exercise of free speech, in which a body tells a member that the body disapproves of the member's actions) and "censor" (in which an individual or group is prevented from saying something), and have accused Freestaters of supporting censorship, because they really are that utterly stupid.  Of course, the "Keene 120" are not all Freestaters, either, but facts don't seem to matter to some folks...

Not that she was engaging in free speech, anyway.  She was calling for oppressive action, while in actual fact being in a position to enact her oppressive desires.  That's no more "free speech" than holding up a can of gasoline in front of a crowd and yelling, "let's torch this place!" would be.

Jim Johnson

the petition

http://freekeene.com/2013/01/07/petition-to-the-nh-state-house-for-redress-of-grievances-recynthia-chase/

Whereas State Representative Cynthia Chase has stated, she wants "to pass measures that will restrict the 'freedoms' that [Free Staters] think they will find here," and
    Whereas this shows her intent to enact laws to interfere with protected rights, and
    Whereas her intent is to harm a specific group of people, and
    Whereas her statements are in violation of the "Equal Protection Clause" of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution of these United States of America;

Be it resolved, that we, the undersigned call for the immediate censure of Representative Chase from the General Court, and
    Be it resolved, that we, the undersigned call for impeachment proceedings against Representative Chase, and
    Be it resolved, that we, the undersigned request the General Court take any additional actions against Representative Chase that the General Court sees fitting.

lildog

Thanks, I ended up find more about her.

One shocker I found was a statement by Rep Jim Splaine who said she should be commended and re-elected for having the courage to say the things she did.  This is the same guy who lead the charge for equal rights for homosexuals in NH so for him of all people to say she should be commended for basically saying a minority group should have their freedoms taken away by government... well that just blew me away that he wouldn't see the hypocrisy in defending her.

Russell Kanning

Only their minority matters

Jim Johnson

Most political people have overlapping hypocrisies.

Russell Kanning

Has the secret 7 multiplied?

Jim Johnson

He/They wouldn't be the Secret Seven if he/they multiplied... unless your asking if there is now more than one Secret Seven.
Or are you asking if he/they did some math.

Russell Kanning

Notice how I couldn't get Jim to say 'me'.

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 31, 2013, 05:57 PM NHFT
Notice how I couldn't get Jim to say 'me'.

I thought you were Jim, and Jim was you.

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

So jim is *the* snergenberg?

Jim Johnson

We should be very careful before we start pointing the snergenfinger at people.

Kat Kanning

aha, now he says we.  theres more than 1

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 01, 2013, 02:56 AM NHFT
aha, now he says we.  theres more than 1

As one should well know.