• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Christmas in July a christian torture ritual

Started by Jim Johnson, July 21, 2013, 12:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Lauren and I were out canoeing on Forest Lake when we see a tractor pulling a hay wagon filled with people.  One person was dressed as Santa Clause and to others as Santa's helpers, who were throwing candy to the children.  It's July so we're both thing, 'huh?'

We pulled the canoe ashore, so Lauren could go swimming.  While watching over the canoe I talked to two guys, aged maybe 50 and 65, who had stop their golf cart next to me.  "What's the event?", I asked.  "Christmas in July'', the younger rider says.  It was about 95 degrees and 90 percent humidity.  I asked, "Wow, how do you get someone to dress like Santa in July?".  He explained that, 'you pick the worst employee you have and make him do it.'  "Oh, so it's a punishment?", I asked.  "Yeah.", he said, with hardy laughs all around.

If you would like to witness the ritual, plan to stay at Forest Lake Campground, in Winchester, New Hampshire, at the end of July.

Tom Sawyer

;D

Well I think it's funny.... a sadistic kind of funny. Actually weirdly demented I guess is more like it.

Krispy Kris Kringle

Russell Kanning

dalebert

Christmas at the usual time feels like a torture ritual to me.

Pat K

They make Jesus cry.

KBCraig

Israels River Campground in Jefferson just had their Summerween, a costume party in July.  :)