• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Stars on houses

Started by Mark D. Jacobsen, April 19, 2016, 01:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark D. Jacobsen

Up here in Carroll county there are stars on the fronts of many houses.
Why? What does it mean?
Is it like goat blood above the door?

Jim Johnson

The Grange Society

"In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Grange_of_the_Order_of_Patrons_of_Husbandry

Mark D. Jacobsen

I don't see the connection. There is a star on the house I am renting and there is no grange nearby.

Jim Johnson

The house may have been built by Grange members or there used to be Grange members living there...

or maybe they like the star design.

Pat K

Or it's a sign for the angel of death to Passover their house.

Jim Johnson

I was going to mention that.... but that really only affects the first born in every household.

I was third, so god would have to be really pissed before he got to me.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on April 22, 2016, 11:56 AM NHFT
I was going to mention that.... but that really only affects the first born in every household.

I was third, so god would have to be really pissed before he got to me.

He just likes to toy with you instead.

PatK pissed him off to the point to almost wash him away in the great flood, from this point forward, to be known as the Winchestershire Backyard Cataclysm. You must tell us the tale of how god teased Johnson and threatened to kill you!

Jim Johnson

No... I don't think so.

This thread is about people putting red stars on buildings and bussing commies into neighborhoods to kill puppies.

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Jim Johnson on April 22, 2016, 03:53 PM NHFT
No... I don't think so.

This thread is about people putting red stars on buildings and bussing commies into neighborhoods to kill puppies.

What exactly do red stars on buildings have to do with kissing commies?

Jim Johnson

You'll know when you wonder where all the puppies have gone.

Becky Thatcher

Perhaps you misheard and the commies are actually kissing puppies and not killing them...OMG...commies are zoosexuals!  >:D

Jim Johnson

I just really hope this doesn't break down into some sort of rambling purposeless thread.

Becky Thatcher

Russell Kanning

some info
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnstar

although lately I have wanted to stay away from stars on houses and such from all the secret society connections

Free libertarian

Quote from: Jim Johnson on April 22, 2016, 06:49 PM NHFT
I just really hope this doesn't break down into some sort of rambling purposeless thread.

No, really it's okay.  I got a purposeless thread permit, we're all good.