• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Firecracker Joe

Started by Russell Kanning, August 27, 2016, 06:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

We are hearing that Joe died last night after partying.
I don't really know anything yet.

Becky Thatcher

Damn.  I'm really sorry to hear about Joe.  He was a really nice guy and will be missed.

First time I met him was at Jim and Lauren's during the infamous firecracker incident that gave him his name.   And he baked a mean apple crumble. :)

Free libertarian

Tom Sawyer

Joe was always very nice to William. He brought him fireworks and William was always excited to hear Firecracker Joe was going to be at an event.

A sweet guy who was hounded by the authorities over cannabis. It's understandable he might seek solice in the poppy.

I wish he could know what he meant to us. Another example how we should tell people when we can.

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

Christ I just talked to him a couple weeks ago.  I just called free talk live about his case.  Does anyone know anything about any memorials or what not?   Hopefully this is a false alarm and we will get to see a cheeky correction from Joe himself...

MikeforLiberty

Joseph M. Roux, 53

NORTHFIELD — Joseph M. Roux, 53, of Northfield, beloved son of Theresa Roux Huston, passed away peacefully at his home in Northfield on Aug. 26, 2016.

A lifelong resident of the Lakes Region, Joseph was born to Robert Roux and Theresa Roux Huston in Laconia, on Oct. 13, 1962.

He was a graduate of Inter-Lakes High School in Meredith, and was employed by CRST Expedited Inc. of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

An avid photographer and cook, Joseph enjoyed sharing his talents with friends and family.

Joseph is survived by his mother, Theresa Roux Huston; his aunts, Sr. Pauline Brecanier of West Palm Beach, Florida, Doris Kipe of Orlando, Florida, Stella Roux of Barefoot Bay, Florida, and Madeline McGrath, of Gilford. He is also survived by his sisters, Sandra Fitzgerald of Cary, North Carolina, Jacqueline Shone of Bristol, and Denise Roux Bagley of Middletown, Ohio; brothers, Randall, James, and Robert Huston, all of Moultonborough; nieces, nephews, and cousins.

Joseph was preceded in death by his fathers, Robert Roux and Robert Huston Sr.

A celebration of life will be held for family and friends at St. Charles Church, Meredith, N.H. on Oct. 6, from 10 to 10:45 a.m., followed by a memorial Mass. Interment will be at Meredith Village Cemetery immediately following the Mass.

A memorial fund is being set up to assist with funeral and burial expenses. Donations may be sent to the Joseph M. Roux Memorial Fund, c/o Citizens Bank, 66 Route 25, Meredith, NH 03253.

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for sharing that Mike. We were wondering about a memorial.

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

Yes thanks
I was just thinking about Joe today. We were trying to get a load to Carlisle, PA. We would have been hanging out at the truckstop over the weekend.
That is the last place we saw Joe. He was stranded waiting for a team driver to join him and we spent the day there ahead of a pickup. We had dinner together and laughed for a few hours.
I always thought he was crazy. He always said I was crazy. We always had fun together.

Dave Ridley

He was the personification of the welcome I hoped us immigrants would receive from native folks when we started arriving.   

Did call in to Free Talk Live and let the public know about his death. 

KBCraig

Happy birthday, Joe.

Rest in peace, friend.