• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I'm reviving the Sons of Liberty ...

Started by Caleb, January 28, 2006, 01:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

I wonder why no other Vermont community has done it.

Lloyd Danforth

dpagan

Count me in, this protest sounds like it'll really put the point of liberty across. I'll keep Feb 25th open, just give me a location and I'll google directions it oh and a time.

Russell Kanning

Maybe Caleb has not been very clear. The other guys wanted to wait until the town put up the cameras ......and now the town voted to not put up cameras to the dismay of the rotten police chief. So we don't need to do anything yet.
Where are you? Do you want to join us in a Sons of Liberty event in Keene sometime soon? We need to Christen our Liberty Tree still and other mischief. :)

dpagan

Quote from: russellkanning on February 19, 2006, 09:35 AM NHFT
Maybe Caleb has not been very clear. The other guys wanted to wait until the town put up the cameras ......and now the town voted to not put up cameras to the dismay of the rotten police chief. So we don't need to do anything yet.
Where are you? Do you want to join us in a Sons of Liberty event in Keene sometime soon? We need to Christen our Liberty Tree still and other mischief. :)

Whoops I just read the first page. Sure I'll come on up to Keene, I'm in CT and just need a two hour notice. I'm kind of on vacation living off my savings atm till I start a online college next month.

KBCraig

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dpagan on February 19, 2006, 10:06 AM NHFTSure I'll come on up to Keene, I'm in CT and just need a two hour notice. I'm kind of on vacation living off my savings atm till I start a online college next month.
Keep checking our calendar and something will come up.
You should try to hook up with Lloyd or Tackle the world in CT sometime.

Kat Kanning

"If you are not doing anything wrong, why should you worry about it?"
- Houston Police Chief Harold Hurtt

Harold Hurtt has suggested that surveillance cameras be placed "in apartment complexes, downtown streets, shopping malls and even private homes", according to this story in the Seattle Post Intelligencer. In response, I hereby found....
The Hurtt Prize

The Hurtt Prize is a $1420 (and growing) reward for the first person who can provide definitive videotaped evidence of Houston police chief Harold Hurtt committing a crime, any crime. This evidence will posted here and forward to the Houston Police Department along with a demand that action be taken.

I am putting up $1000 of my own money for this prize, but if you think this is a good idea, and wish to pledge some of your own money for the potential winner of the Hurtt Prize, send an email to bounty@HurttPrize.org with your Name and Location (city and state). If you want to pledge anonymously let me know, otherwise your name, location and the amount you are pledging will be posted here. If you are pledging $100 or more please include your phone number so I can give you a call to verify the pledge.

Other stories and audio clips:
* http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3661414.html
* http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/3663189.html

Additional pledges
Pledge of $5:
Brad Spangler
Northwest Arkansas

Pledge of $100:
Peter Thoenen
Milwaukee, WI

Pledge of $30:
Michael Bowers
Angry geek, Houston, Texas

Pledge of $25:
Justin Park
Syracuse, NY

Pledge of $25:
David Silvey
Columbia, MO

Pledge of $20:
Dirk Nelson
Ester, Alaska

Pledge of $50:
Lee Franke
Frisco, Texas

Pledge of $25:
Mark Draughn of WindyPundit.com
Chicago, IL

Pledge of $20:
Joshua Rubin
Jackson Heights, NY

Pledge of $50:
David Pollak
San Francisco, CA

Pledge of $10:
Daniel Hortonk
Elyria, Ohio

Pledge of $10:
Andre Lerch
Germany

Pledge of $25:
Benjamin McGraw
Civil Liberties Fanboy, Austin, TX

Pledge of $25:
Nathan Rudy
Council President, North Plainfield, NJ

Others weigh in
"I would also like to see someone go through his trash each week (legal, I believe) for something, anything. Perhaps posting his address and particulars about his family (where children attend school, wife's employer, etc.) would help potential prizewinners in their quest."
-Justin Park (Syracuse, NY)

"I will throw in my wife's stun gun, fully charged, for the arresting officer to use multiple times so as to subdue chief Hurtt."
-Tom Bazan (Houston, Texas)

"I will pledge $25 if you will broaden the scope of the quest to include finding video of Hurtt doing anything or being anywhere he wouldn't want his wife or his mother (or the public) to know about. The danger isn't that cameras will find us doing something criminal, but rather, doing something private, something that is no one else's business."
-Leonard Grossman

"I think you should offer $1 for every amateur photo of the Chief. Flood the internet with photos of him doing the most banal things, see how he likes that."
-Chris Wentz

A request
If anyone has graphic design skills and is willing to design a little banner or button for the Hurtt Prize that people could put on their websites that would be excellent

Some banners you can use
Thanks to Daniel Horton for these!

Russell Kanning

Caleb

So, here's the latest for those who are interested in the Sons of Liberty:

We will be christening our Liberty Tree in Keene in the upcoming weeks.  Need ideas of what to put there.  Gonna put up a copy of our declaration of independence, maybe my 95 theses (if I get them done), a wooden inscribed sign that says "Liberty Tree", Paine's poem ...

any other ideas?

Hopefully a full regalia event (ie, I will be dressed up like a fool again!  :) )

Bald Eagle

Someone was telling me the other day that the police have some sort of device that is capable of remotely rendering the computers in cars or the microchips in other electronic devices inoperable. 

This may be sheer drivel, but if there's the possibility that it's true, then I wonder what would happen if one of those things got used on a bunch of digital cameras?

Bald_Eagle

Lloyd Danforth

I think they either have or are developing a device they can shoot at and stick to the back of a car and it creates a magnetic pulse that kills modern ignitions. To avoid car chases.
The other day we were talking about settling on a model of car or truck. that predates the black box thingy, that we understand the workings of, preferably a diesel and buy up several, rebuild tem and avoid buying new vehicles with all of the tracking stuff in them.

Bald Eagle

KBCraig

Quote from: Bald Eagle on February 28, 2006, 08:36 PM NHFT
Check out this thread:

http://www.tcftalk.com/clairefiles/index.php?topic=8658.0

Makes for some interesting thinking. :)

For non-magnetic surfaces, the stuff the Monster Pod is made from might be fun.