• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Little Free Surplus needs 10 square meters of outdoor space (NH)

Started by Dave Ridley, September 10, 2018, 02:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

I like the Free Surplus concept, got a kick out of some the items listed.  Sounds a little apocalyptic.

Wish I still had my Russell Kanning mask on a giant popsicle stick, willing to trade 3 plastic bags and a rusty pair of scissors if anybody has one.    :)

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on September 10, 2018, 06:46 AM NHFT
I like the Free Surplus concept, got a kick out of some the items listed.  Sounds a little apocalyptic.

Wish I still had my Russell Kanning mask on a giant popsicle stick, willing to trade 3 plastic bags and a rusty pair of scissors if anybody has one.    :)

I have one but it will cost you at least a six pack of Pepsi bottles filled with tap water + trace bleach, 12 rusty nails.... dipped in Vaseline and a torn curtain.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 10, 2018, 04:26 PM NHFT

I have one but it will cost you at least a six pack of Pepsi bottles filled with tap water + trace bleach, 12 rusty nails.... dipped in Vaseline and a torn curtain.

Can we verify it's an authentic Russell Kanning visage though ?   He's had problems with imposters posing as him in the past.   

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on September 10, 2018, 07:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 10, 2018, 04:26 PM NHFT

Can we verify it's an authentic Russell Kanning visage though ?   He's had problems with imposters posing as him in the past.   

The part of Russell Kanning has been played crisis actors. I don't think there is such a thing as an "authentic Russell Kanning visage". It looks as much like him as he does.

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

heh heh thanks for reading it so closely jim
as i look at the idea more, maybe it's missing one thing... disaster prep should not have to be speculative, it should be beneficial with or without a disaster.     In practice since an LFS could contain pretty much any useful thing folks wanted to get rid of...  I'm hoping it would have utility on a regular basis.

i have one of my own sort of that just goes wherever i live (just this 18 gallon rubbermade container) ... it has more or less the kinds of items listed in my hypothetical example, but it's useful about once a week... and when it's not useful i find it enjoyeable to organize its items into small disposable disaster kits.    when a relative was visiting recently on a road trip i just handed him one.  it was perfect because he was driving to an airport and would have to probably dispose of whatever i gave him, after the driving part.

Dave Ridley

Russell Kanning