• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Put your list of benefits for NH secession here!

Started by tracysaboe, February 14, 2006, 11:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Well, it's not like NH lends itself to high road speeds  :P

Dreepa

Russell Kanning

tracysaboe

Quote from: Dreepa on March 24, 2006, 10:48 AM NHFT
BTW that is something that everyone will have to fight in NH.

They see Fed $$ as 'free money'. I mentioned that it is just taxes in another form and I was looked at strangely.

Dreepa can you ellaborate on this for a moment?

How exactly is this federal "free money" like another tax.  I think I know what you're saying, But I'm in the middle of trying to put words down on this platform. (I'm almost done by the way. !!!) And for the most part I'm doing pretty well on why liberals and conservatives and libertarians should like these benifits, but I'm trying to encorporate all the points on this list and I'm a bit at a loss on this one.

Thanks,

Tracy

You can feel free to contribute, even if you're not Dreepa.

Lex

I don't think NOT getting Federal grants is something you can use to convince people of secession. Most people like federal grants, what they don't like is income tax and that is surely a good reason for secession.

tracysaboe

I think, it might be prudent to just leave that one out then.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

no grants to the jack booted thugs in your town

Lloyd Danforth

Grants are the result of theft.  It will be hard to convince people of the morality and practicality of not accepting federal grants because people think we gotta get 'our' pork before it is spent on another highway to nowhere in West Virginia.

vanguardist

If people are more or less libertarian, then you can simply say that cesession makes sense because it limits government. Big governments not only can do more evil (more taxation, war, etc), but can get away with a higher percentage of theft and predation. Compare the budgets of states vs the feds. As the government grows, it spends more in absolute terms and more in relative terms (spends in areas that state governments spend proportionally less).

Thus, the smaller, the better.