• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A new constitution for New Hampshire

Started by vanguardist, February 20, 2006, 04:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

vanguardist

http://tcrf.com/constitution/English/index-English.html

Now that would be a GREAT start. Take a look at it, particularly the first few articles. Not bad at all. It's actually in between pure anarchocapitalism and minarchism, becuase it both allows non-exclusive private defense forces and even voluntary contractual laws. (This is very similar to what I mentioned in another thread about the Gallatinist-style legislation system from "The Probability Broach"). There's barely any government property, no control of money, licenses, trade, etc.

Another interesting blurb in there is that the national budget can never exceed 90 percent of what it was the previous year, so draw your own conclusions.  ;D

Again, it's pretty detailed but very liberty-oriented. A good read, particularly articles 2 and 3. This is the best constitution I've read and if I had to pick one, that one would be it.

My only complaint is that it lacks clauses, from what I read, explicitly authorizing government officials to be severely punished (within one hour of being found guilty) when breaking laws. So while I would still think that constitutions decay, it's nonetheless something to think about when NH break free  :icon_pirat:

Comments?

aries

Sounds ok... I tried drafting my own constitution once but it got too complicated with loopholes and whatnot..

I tried making tenets for good government but I just came back to my conclusion that no government can possibly be good, and no government will ever follow the constitution written for it.

vanguardist

Quote from: aries on February 20, 2006, 05:43 PM NHFT
Sounds ok... I tried drafting my own constitution once but it got too complicated with loopholes and whatnot..

I tried making tenets for good government but I just came back to my conclusion that no government can possibly be good, and no government will ever follow the constitution written for it.

I agree.

tracysaboe

That means by law government has to shrink by %10 percent a year!

And it's already a minarchist/anarchist hybred?

Humm, Frankly, I think that this sort of government, would eventually just disapear as private institutions started improving.

Tracy

vanguardist

Quote from: tracysaboe on February 20, 2006, 09:28 PM NHFT
That means by law government has to shrink by %10 percent a year!

And it's already a minarchist/anarchist hybred?

Humm, Frankly, I think that this sort of government, would eventually just disapear as private institutions started improving.

Tracy

Yes, and that's the idea. That constitution already ingrains into people the idea that the law stems from private property rights (look at article 3), so then after a while, people would just carry that on to private enforcement, etc. I'd love to see something like that working :)

Lex

So, are you going to impose your constitution on people without their consent or are you actually going to get every individual in NH to sign off in agreement?

vanguardist

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on February 20, 2006, 10:07 PM NHFT
So, are you going to impose your constitution on people without their consent or are you actually going to get every individual in NH to sign off in agreement?

No idea. The folks who came up with that constitution are trying to get all texas counties to ratify it, and then it would be "done" by normal democracy, which still has problems because you need to get total consent for a law to be legitimate.

I am planning on going to NH and see how things go.