• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

POLL:At what point would you be willing to join the Property Tax Revolt

Started by tracysaboe, March 16, 2006, 11:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

OK, in an effort to try to figure out how many other people joining you it would take for a typical individual on these boards to join the Property Tax Revolt and start refusing to pay all local property taxes in Keene, I've posted the current poll.

Users are allowed to change their vote.

Personally, I think 100 people vocally refusing to pay taxes, dispersed throughout the town would be huge.

Tracy

Fluff and Stuff

Is this all property taxes (local, county, and state), just local taxes, or just local school taxes?

tracysaboe

All Local.

I've edited the original post to specify this.

It seems to me w/ just a little political presure we should be able to abolish the State wide one work-ing w/in the system.

County taxes are so small and they do pay for minimal county-wide collectivised security, so it's also not something I'm particularly concerned w/ -- Yet.

Tracy

Dreepa

Quote from: tracysaboe on March 16, 2006, 11:49 PM NHFT
It seems to me w/ just a little political presure we should be able to abolish the State wide one work-ing w/in the system.
It seems to you?  You got this from talking to how many people?
I think you would need a lot of pressure not a little.  Hell there are some people trying to lower property taxes (which we know will never happen) and start an income tax instead.
The great thing about NH is that if you don't want to pay a lot of Prop tax then you can move to a town with low prop tax.

Also the poll just says Keene so only people in Keene are going to vote.

Caleb

Anyone want to edit the poll so I can select "as soon as I actually own property"

Caleb

Kat Kanning

tracysaboe

I was thinking more. "If you hypothetically lived in Keene." would you be willing to join.

Tracy