• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

U.S. Postal "Service"

Started by FSPinNY, February 05, 2005, 12:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FSPinNY

On July 3, 2003, I won an American flag on the Jerry Hughes show, Straight Talk.? It's a good show - he's a long-time libertarian, and it's available online http://www.accentradionetwork.com/st.htm

Well, I sent off a thank you card that same day, and it was just returned to me, 'Unable to Forward'.? A year and a half later? :o

I'm glad that most of my mail gets to its destination, though when this happens it makes me wonder!? ::)

Russell Kanning

wow...I wonder where it was all this time

Kat Kanning

Wow, was it like the little yard gnome that traveled the world?

FSPinNY

The yellow return to sender label is dated 2/1/05.  Maybe I'll resend the card and envelope to him with the 'new' address off his site...and bring the year and a half delay to his attention - he'll get a kick out of it, I'm sure  ;D

About 2 years ago I had a whole pile of mail returned to me that I had sent on one day.  I re-checked the addresses and when I went down to the local PO with this pile, all with yellow labels on them, the asst postmaster said that all he could see was that the zip code was on a line below the city and state, like this:
Ithaca, NY
and it should be on the same line as them, like this:
Ithaca, NY 14850. 
Some clerk had decided to teach me a lesson!  Now I am in COMPLIANCE with the Fed letter delivery monopoly.  And he told me I had to put new postage on each of the letters!!!   :o

this is the whiners section!

FTL_Ian

You know what I like the best?  When they slice open the priority mail packages I receive, and then deliver them.  This has happened at least once a year.

Is it just happening to me?
Ian