• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

Quote from: CNHT on May 04, 2006, 11:48 AM NHFT
Didn't Andre Martel later check in with them and register his YES vote? Thus now we have 6-0 OTP?
Correct.

CNHT

Quote from: d_goddard on May 04, 2006, 11:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on May 04, 2006, 11:48 AM NHFT
Didn't Andre Martel later check in with them and register his YES vote? Thus now we have 6-0 OTP?
Correct.

They are talking about private medical info right now but I don't think it's 626.
I don't even see that one on the list either! I hope it was not tabled.

d_goddard

Quote from: burnthebeautiful on May 04, 2006, 11:20 AM NHFT
40 bills, sheesh, nothing important I hope.
There was only one sort-of important one, in my opinon, and it was just an HCR, ie, a "resolution", ie, a statement with no real force.
It was HCR 25, "A RESOLUTION urging the United States to withdraw funding for the United Nations if the United Nations adopts a resolution in violation of the United States Constitution."

Killing it took all of 20 seconds. No debate, no roll call division, just a voice vote. :(
I heard only 1 senator in favor (which, in this case, meant voting "No" to accept the committee's ITL recommendation)

That said, there were a few minor bills that got approved or killed that I was glad to see get approved/killed respectively, but they were not big issues. Stuff like getting Incumbent Local Exchanges more open to competition. A nice thing, more competition in telecoms, but not nice enough for me to head down to the Barley House and order a few celebratory pints for lunch ;)

CNHT

Quote from: d_goddard on May 04, 2006, 12:04 PM NHFT
There was only one sort-of important one, in my opinon, and it was just an HCR, ie, a "resolution", ie, a statement with no real force.
It was HCR 25, "A RESOLUTION urging the United States to withdraw funding for the United Nations if the United Nations adopts a resolution in violation of the United States Constitution."

Killing it took all of 20 seconds. No debate, no roll call division, just a voice vote. :(
I heard only 1 senator in favor (which, in this case, meant voting "No" to accept the committee's ITL recommendation)

Man, like the UN has not already violated our constitution ad nauseum?

That said, there were a few minor bills that got approved or killed that I was glad to see get approved/killed respectively, but they were not big issues. Stuff like getting Incumbent Local Exchanges more open to competition. A nice thing, more competition in telecoms, but not nice enough for me to head down to the Barley House and order a few celebratory pints for lunch ;)

HB 626 is VERY important and was supposed to be addressed today. People who work with the town gov'ts know this bill must be KILLED.

Dreepa

Quote from: CNHT on May 04, 2006, 11:39 AM NHFT
Senator Sununu however, is on board with us.

Althoug technically he did vote for REAL ID -- the vote was 100-0 in the US Senate.

Dreepa

Quote from: CNHT on May 04, 2006, 11:30 AM NHFT
Chris, THANK YOU for including HB 626 in your signage. People do not understand just how important this bill is in needing to be killed.
You are the one who called my attention to it.... as I start learning the ways of town government I need to learn the tools of the trade.
;D

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Dreepa on May 04, 2006, 12:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on May 04, 2006, 11:39 AM NHFT
Senator Sununu however, is on board with us.

Althoug technically he did vote for REAL ID -- the vote was 100-0 in the US Senate.

Right.  Several Senators spoke out against REAL ID but voted for funding the US military and REAL ID was tacked on to that bill.

Russell Kanning

So then they like tracking and numbering people.
They also like killing people through the military.

Zork

Quote from: russellkanning on May 04, 2006, 12:42 PM NHFT
So then they like tracking and numbering people.
They also like killing people through the military.

That goes hand in hand, doesn't it?

CNHT

They are hearing it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheila just read a big piece of why they SHOULD PASS IT....
Barnes is now speaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toowm

Did they vote before the recess? Are they coming back today?

CNHT

Quote from: toowm on May 04, 2006, 03:53 PM NHFT
Did they vote before the recess? Are they coming back today?

We heard some foolish stuff by Barnes !#@!##$!#$ about how he is willing to give up his freedom for security (the wrong answer of course) and then suddenly went to music. So no vote taken yet, but this is such a cliff hanger!

Sheila read a WONDERFUL piece in favor of this bill, and emphasized the support etc......
I hope as DEAN she has influence.

Ruger Mason

What Sen. Barnes had to say scared the living hell out of me.

How about that commission, eh?  I couldn't think of a better list of hacks if I tried.  The report of that commission is pre-determined, of course.  The "private" organizations they mentioned are all representatives of law enforcement and other government agencies.  No ACLU.  No privacy organizations.  No rights organizations at all.  Just hacks.

Rocketman

Thanks for the heads-up, Jane.  I caught the end of Barnes saying he didn't mind taking his shoes off at airports because we're at war.  *GROAN*  But he voted our way in committee... and if even a lemming like Barnes will vote with us, we ought to be okay?!?!

Uh-oh, are they trying to stick an amendment on it?  The music's over.

CNHT

Quote from: Rocketman on May 04, 2006, 04:03 PM NHFT
Thanks for the heads-up, Jane.  I caught the end of Barnes saying he didn't mind taking his shoes off at airports because we're at war.  *GROAN*  But he voted our way in committee... and if even a lemming like Barnes will vote with us, we ought to be okay?!?!

Uh-oh, are they trying to stick an amendment on it?  The music's over.

Yes and some younger Senator is speaking against the amendment to 'study' it further because he says we can always go back and rethink if needed, but for now it is important to  KEEP OUR LIBERTIES...and he is citing concentration camps, and a lot of other history.

He is also pointing out that it is an UNFUNDED MANDATE!

What's this guy's name??? I missed it because I am on the phone with another Porc and we are listening to it together.
He is also jabbing Ginny Beecher who can't even fix the mess that is there now in the DMV!!!  This is just what Ed said..
I gotta find the name of this person.

He sounds like he is one of us....did anyone catch his name? I am sitting here half dressed getting ready for my radio show but can't move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is a wonderful speaker and is now saying JUST SAY NO and stand for the rights of our people! We need to  NOT take $3M sucker money to do this.
Vote down the amendment to restudy and vote YES to support this bill!

This is play by play here, so I'm typing as fast as I can.

Gatsas is now criticizing him and asking him if he even read the amendment.
He is answering that the portion of the bill to protect us from Real ID is gone and instead there is a study committee in its place!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will start a new post....meanwhile, an agenda item to accept the $3M in the meantime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!