• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketman

Quote from: d_goddard on May 04, 2006, 05:23 PM NHFT
Barnes that weasling worm, changed from OTP in commitee to gutting the bill when it mattered, who put up the amendement that gutted the bill....
Show up tomorrow 9:30 AM.
Dress nice, be respectful, and MAKE SURE HE KNOWS WE'RE WATCHING.
HE CANNOT WORM OUT OF MAKING A DECISION!

Thing is, Denis, I'm not sure that crusty old geezer can actually see.  Damn, I knew that 6-0 committe vote was too good to be true... I only got good vibes from Hassan and Burling, while Barnes seemed to scoff at all the testimony and even left the room.  

Analysis of our chances of getting them to refuse the $3 million pending a report from the BS committee?  This is so, so not over... do they think we're just going to go away?

intergraph19

Well that's lovely, does anyone have the updated bill with amendment?  I wish I could have stayed, but I was going out on one job, couldn't do two...

d_goddard

Quote from: Rocketman on May 04, 2006, 05:35 PM NHFT
Analysis of our chances of getting them to refuse the $3 million pending a report from the BS committee?
About zero.
But if we don't show up they will assume this is over.
They now need to feel the pressure on every single step.
They need to see what happened this afternoon was a miscalculation on their part, that the people will not stand for it, that they have touched a nerve and now need to scramble to save face.

Dave Ridley

anyone have info on eaton's role in this?

also i understand there is talk of taking this up with the executive council members?

what are other constructive things we could do?

CNHT

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 04, 2006, 05:45 PM NHFT
anyone have info on eaton's role in this?

also i understand there is talk of taking this up with the executive council members?

what are other constructive things we could do?

I thought he was NOT for the amendment to gut this bill...but I could be wrong, I did not always catch WHO was talking as I was listening on the cell phone al the way to going on air.

also, even if the commission recommends taking the money it still has to go back for a vote AND the House has to concur~!!!

Heck I am multitasking here, no Ed and I'm running the computer and conversing with Howie on the air. LOL

aries

I have no words..

this post has been removed by the vast right wing conspiracy.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.

edit- anybody know how Gallus voted? I still want to send flowers or a card to those who voted in favor of the bill, without amendment.

CNHT

Quote from: aries on May 04, 2006, 06:15 PM NHFT
I have no words..

I keep imagining these senators being assassinated. And I'm not even going to say I don't want it - I do.

Corrupt bastard politicians.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.

Find out who the 14 were that voted for the amendment and I will announce them on air RIGHT NOW ? they were the ones who caved to Gregg. They are the ones who need to be contacted!!!!!!!

aries

Quote from: CNHT on May 04, 2006, 06:17 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on May 04, 2006, 06:15 PM NHFT
I have no words..

I keep imagining these senators being assassinated. And I'm not even going to say I don't want it - I do.

Corrupt bastard politicians.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.

Find out who the 14 were that voted for the amendment and I will announce them on air RIGHT NOW — they were the ones who caved to Gregg. They are the ones who need to be contacted!!!!!!!

The most recent activity on the state voting records page is 4/20

aries

Quote from: freedominnh on May 04, 2006, 06:19 PM NHFT
Names?
Or numbers. They each have a number.

I know Gallus is 1 and I want to know his vote.

Ruger Mason

The votes:

Against amendment, in favor of original HB 1582:

Gallus (R)
Burling (D)
Bragdon (R)
Gottesman (D)
Foster (D)
Larson (D)
Estabrook (D)
Hassan (D)
Fuller-Clark (D)

In favor of REAL ID:

Johnson (R)
Kenney (R)
Boyce (R)
Green (R)
Flanders (R)
Odell (R)
Roberge (R)
Eaton (R)
Clegg (R)
Barnes (R)
Martel (R)
Letourneau (R)
Morse (R)
Gatsas (R)

aries

Gallus wins my vote next election.

Anyone know of any cheap flower shops in the Berlin area?
I want to have a card and flowers delivered to him to say thanks. This isn't against some stupid lobbying rule, right?

aries

Quote from: freedominnh on May 04, 2006, 06:30 PM NHFT
This new bill will have to be accepted by House committee and be introduced in the House.  Fillibuster time.
Will it? I thought it would be enrolled shortly, seeing as it's impotent.

If it just establishes a committee, does it need house approval?

aries

Just shot Gallus a short thank you email.

Pat McCotter

There will probably be a joint committee.

intergraph19

Quote from: aries on May 04, 2006, 06:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: freedominnh on May 04, 2006, 06:30 PM NHFT
This new bill will have to be accepted by House committee and be introduced in the House.  Fillibuster time.
Will it? I thought it would be enrolled shortly, seeing as it's impotent.

If it just establishes a committee, does it need house approval?

Yes, if they change the bill in any way it goes back to the house for a vote.  It goes back and forth until it is either voted down or agreed upon by both.