• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Free Time

Started by Russell Kanning, April 02, 2006, 07:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I'm lovin this NHFT ... stickin it to the man

Lloyd Danforth

Using the Man's 'Military Time'

eques

24 hours were around for a hell of a lot longer than any military.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 13, 2007, 10:04 PM NHFT
Using the Man's 'Military Time'
You can tell I use military time as I walk around town?

The man owns you compared to my freedom baby.

Lloyd Danforth

I notice we're not using Military Time anymore

Russell Kanning

I don't use it in real life ... I think most other people don't either. :)

Lloyd Danforth

outatime

I'm glad this topic came back to life. I bookmarked this thread when I found this site last autumn because I thought it was great that people started talking about not obeying daylight savings time. I hoped there would be resistance to the government expanding it. I don't like DST because it is artificial and the standard time zones are already far off from solar time in most areas. I like how NHFT is closer to the real New Hampshire solar time than EST.

I am in high school and started getting interested in time and astronomy last year. I have found some other time zones that are offset fifteen minutes.

UTC +12:45 is Chatham Islands Standard Time in New Zealand
Nepal is UTC +5:45
UTC +8:45 sounds like an interesting place http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC%2B8:45

24-hour time is also known as railway time. If you don't like that it sounds militaristic, you could just say "nineteen o clock" instead of "nineteen hundred hours." Just a thought.

For now, I'm in the land of Pacific Daylight Time. :(

I hope you keep on sticking it to The Man!

Thomas from CA

Rosie the Riveter

Welcome to nhfree, Thomas.

Start making your plans to attend college in NH and you can stick it to the Man, too.

~Kate

error

Quote from: outatime on March 14, 2007, 11:45 PM NHFT
For now, I'm in the land of Pacific Daylight Time. :(

We're going back ... to the future!

Russell Kanning

I'm lovin' this Shire Time .... government time stinks.

outatime

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on March 15, 2007, 12:12 AM NHFT

Start making your plans to attend college in NH and you can stick it to the Man, too.

~Kate

Thank you for the welcome Kate. New Hampshire seems like an interesting place to be. I'm not sure if I'll go to college. I would rather work and earn some $.

Yeah error, my user name is obviously from the Back To The Future. I saw the trilogy again last year and it got me thinking about the concepts surrounding time and related subjects. NHFT reminds me of the first movie's early scene in Doc Brown's garage when all the clocks are synchronized 25 minutes behind PDT ;D Cue Huey Lewis...

A related piece of BTTF trivia is that the weekend the movie is set in October 1985 is the one daylight savings time switched back to standard time. OK I'm a nerd, what can I say.

NC2NH

Back To The Future was my favorite movie in the '80s and I think it has stood the test of time (no pun intended).

In spite of this weekend's snow storm, Spring will arrive in The Shire on Tuesday March 20 at 7:22 PM NHFT. :icon_flower:

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: outatime on March 16, 2007, 09:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on March 15, 2007, 12:12 AM NHFT

~Kate

Thank you for the welcome Kate. New Hampshire seems like an interesting place to be. I'm not sure if I'll go to college. I would rather work and earn some $.

Alright -- as long as you plan to come to NH to work! You can learn anything you need to any way with a mentor, a library card, amazon.com and google.

Oh yea -- and nhfree.com

outatime

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on March 18, 2007, 12:25 AM NHFT
Alright -- as long as you plan to come to NH to work! You can learn anything you need to any way with a mentor, a library card, amazon.com and google.

Oh yea -- and nhfree.com

Working without paying state income tax would be nice. nhfree.com certainly is a great resource with lots of varied topics and nice people. :)